PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Fore End

YFZsandrider
03-04-12, 20:41
Anyone have any experience with Rainier Arms' lightweight fore end?

http://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/9fb9e9976dce11cf2536d6a4dd731c5a.jpg

rob_s
03-04-12, 20:43
Same thing as the Samson with different lightening cuts.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=68825

lethal dose
03-04-12, 20:58
Just slapped one on. Feels good. Very simple setup. Gonna try to run it next weekend.

DDamn
03-04-12, 21:16
Put one on a couple month's ago. Simple install, very light. Price was good. So far so good.

mkmckinley
03-05-12, 19:21
I looked at one in their store today on the RUC carbine. It's really light but seems rugged enough. It doesn't have the cheese grater effect that some rails have. I'd definitely buy one if I needed a rail like that.

Nightvisionary
03-06-12, 00:58
It's the Samson Evolution manufactured for Rainier Arms. I installed one a few months ago on an upper I used for hunting. It has worked quite well for me.

richdkim77
03-06-12, 02:35
I'll preface this by saying I wasn't not a fan of tubular handguards... However, after John at Rainier urged me to try this, I did. It's slowly winning me over. I only have 500 to 600 rounds through mine, but I love the relatively small diameter of the tube, the weight, and no heat issues firing semi-auto.

It only comes with 2 rail pieces and a QD mount, so if you plan to attach a lot of extras on your handguards, this might not be the rail for you.

apb2772
03-06-12, 12:36
I grabbed one last month. I purchased the 11" model and at present I am waiting for a custom 14.5" LW barrel to come in so I can put it through its paces.

Overall I really like it. It is trim/slim and doesn't have umpteen million miles of chafing RR tracks on it. It seems very sturdy and is light as a feather. I like the little open triangles as they allow my fingertips to "Settle" into them.

I am building a carbine upper for a gentleman and am presently waiting on the 9" ones to come in.

I also have a 12.37" Samson "Evo" rail (I the got EVO first). I put it on my 20" LRT rifle. I was considering the Troy TRX line, but then the Alpha line came out. I was going to grab 11"and 12" Alphas with no integrated sights, but couldn't find any so I figured I would give the Samson based stuff a shot.

Rainier shipped lightning fast and I am definitely looking to order from them again in the future.

--->APB

mpom
03-06-12, 13:05
The pictured one is Ranier's version of the Samson Evo. Its an ounce or so lighter, and comes with 3 pieces; QD point, 2" and 4" rails. This saves a fair amount of money over the Samson version.
I installed the Ranier Evo on my 16" middy to save weight. Felt great, but am awaiting replacement as it cracked during installation. Probably my fault, not the rail's, although I did not think I overtightened clamp.
Ranier, as everyone says is super- will send a replacement as soon as back in stock.
Got it partially based on Rob S's eval, and glad I did. Searched for that thread but could not find it.

maximus83
03-06-12, 13:15
It's a very nice looking setup, and one that I'd consider.

In the last year I've given Rainier a lot of business, having them put together some high quality lowers using the VLTOR A5 kits, and also a precision upper with a BCM barrel and a Centurion rail, and these guys do outstanding work. I live right in the area, and I wish I would have "discovered" Rainier years ago. Great quality, great service.