PDA

View Full Version : Breathalyzer Tests

Smuckatelli
03-05-12, 14:33
We have to watch an 'All Hands' that is being broadcast from the USS Bataan......

Sec Mabus has just announced command level breathalyzer testing when assuming duty in the morning.

Another push on sexual assault training.

He has only been talking for 10 minutes so far.

All off duty alcohol incidents will be reviewed before someone can be promoted.

Motorcycle safety....

Now he is talking about physical fitness...No more waivers, wieght lifters aren't gunna be happy.

Uh oh....he's talking about smokers......

No more discounts on smoking products at the PX....

A new position has been formed "Diversity Officer"...

Smuckatelli
03-05-12, 14:42
Marines are going to have female SNCO (SSgt & above) & Officers (Capt & above) at the battalion level in the combat arms fields....in 6 months....

Redmanfms
03-05-12, 15:38
A new position has been formed "Diversity Officer"...

:rolleyes: WTF is IG for???

I'm glad I'm no longer .navy/.mil.

Eurodriver
03-05-12, 18:03
Marines are going to have female SNCO (SSgt & above) & Officers (Capt & above) at the battalion level in the combat arms fields....in 6 months....

Are you serious?

Smuckatelli
03-05-12, 19:26
Are you serious?

That's what SecNav said live, he gave 6 months, we'll see how it is carried out.

SeriousStudent
03-05-12, 21:56
Has someone given the Secnav a breathalyzer yet? :eek:

Sweet baby Jebus, what has happened to my beloved Corps? You used to be REQUIRED to drink a quart of vodka out in Kinville before you were considered eligible for promotion......

So the WM's are going to just make the promotions that much harder for the company-grade Infantry officers and SNCO's, huh?

Sigh.....

Gutshot John
03-06-12, 01:31
Mmmmm...kinville...taco rice with cheese.

A bit of that and you're sobered up nicely. ;)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-06-12, 01:41
Holy ****ing shit. 6 months baby, with a 2013 VERP we can make it 4. Well, at least I get to claim "old Corps" status :rolleyes:

No more waivers for fitness? So does that apply to WM's who continue to get pregnant and have their PFT/CFT waived in order to get promoted. What about those of us with low BMI but over the max because of muscle while still maintaining high 1st class PFT and CFT? Ughhh.

I can see the CMC being for these changes possibly, but is SgtMaj Barrett, Mr. Combat Arms Himself, really down for female officers and SNCO's in leadership positions in grunt BN's?

Mauser KAR98K
03-06-12, 03:04
What the F***, over?

Equality in combat won't survive the first contact.

It seems like the current administration is thinking we a re peace time military at the moment and is going with this social management crap for the armed services.

This is going to get people killed, and shun the motivated from serving.

Smuckatelli
03-06-12, 08:46

I tried convincing my wife that taco rice was good to go....she still won't make it...:mad:

Smuckatelli
03-06-12, 08:52
No more waivers for fitness? So does that apply to WM's who continue to get pregnant and have their PFT/CFT waived in order to get promoted. What about those of us with low BMI but over the max because of muscle while still maintaining high 1st class PFT and CFT? Ughhh.

No.....he covered those that get pregnant:

"To that end, Mabus announced a remarkable initiative: a 12-month operational deferment for uniformed mothers following the birth of a child. The Navy is also introducing a “career intermission program,” now in pilot form, that will allow men or women to leave and return to the services after up to three years, without penalty, after taking time off to raise a child or a relative. Service members will be allowed to retain their military health care and exchange and commissary shopping privileges and restart their careers “at exactly the point” where they left off."

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/03/navy-wellness-initiative-test-alcohol-drugs-030512/

I can see the CMC being for these changes possibly, but is SgtMaj Barrett, Mr. Combat Arms Himself, really down for female officers and SNCO's in leadership positions in grunt BN's?

CMC wasn't there, he is still recovering from his surgery that he had on Friday. LtGen Hejlik was there in his stead. The SgtMaj was there.

Irish
03-06-12, 16:35
And there goes 90% of the fleet. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/checkpoint-washington/post/navy-to-place-breathalyzers-on-all-its-ships/2012/03/06/gIQAIC4ZuR_blog.html)

Navy Secretary Ray Mabus is one-upping Daniels, ordering the installation of breath-test machines on all ships and submarines, as well as on Marine Corps bases. One can only imagine how he will go down in naval lore.

Failure2Stop
03-06-12, 17:42
And people ask me why I got out "so close to retirement"...

SeriousStudent
03-06-12, 17:49
No.....he covered those that get pregnant:

"To that end, Mabus announced a remarkable initiative: a 12-month operational deferment for uniformed mothers following the birth of a child. The Navy is also introducing a “career intermission program,” now in pilot form, that will allow men or women to leave and return to the services after up to three years, without penalty, after taking time off to raise a child or a relative. Service members will be allowed to retain their military health care and exchange and commissary shopping privileges and restart their careers “at exactly the point” where they left off."

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/03/navy-wellness-initiative-test-alcohol-drugs-030512/

CMC wasn't there, he is still recovering from his surgery that he had on Friday. LtGen Hejlik was there in his stead. The SgtMaj was there.

I am stunned. Really? Just call a time-out?

So yet again, some poor 19-year-old grunt gets to go on a deployment and risk death and dismemberment, while some WM can just get pregnant and go sit it out?

Really?

SeriousStudent
03-06-12, 17:50

Then go to Club Chivas, catch a show, and start all over again.

Don't forget their 2 for 1 drink specials.

SeriousStudent
03-06-12, 17:53
I tried convincing my wife that taco rice was good to go....she still won't make it...:mad:

You just need more Orion beer. Do they still brew that over there?

Smuckatelli
03-06-12, 18:16
You just need more Orion beer. Do they still brew that over there?

I dunno.....it depends if I have to take a breathalyzer for my retirement check........

@Irish....thanks for the link, I finally know why it is called a cup of joe..

Irish
03-06-12, 18:18
@Irish....thanks for the link, I finally know why it is called a cup of joe..

Me too, I never knew, and **** him! We played war games with the Aussies and the Canucks and they both got beer on their boats!

ETA - We actually did get beer, once. We were out to sea patrolling the Gulf for 54 days straight and each got 2 beers. I forget the reg but if you go over 45 days without going ashore everybody gets 2 brewskies.

Smuckatelli
03-06-12, 18:28
ETA - We actually did get beer, once. We were out to sea patrolling the Gulf for 54 days straight and each got 2 beers. I forget the reg but if you go over 45 days without going ashore everybody gets 2 brewskies.

We had a couple of those 'Steel Beach' parties also once we hit that magical number.

Redmanfms
03-06-12, 22:45
I am stunned. Really? Just call a time-out?

So yet again, some poor 19-year-old grunt gets to go on a deployment and risk death and dismemberment, while some WM can just get pregnant and go sit it out?

Really?

I suppose (from a sailor's perspective) that it's better than said wh...woman getting a permanent shore-duty billet and sea-duty waivers so she can advance and make her magic 20.

And I can almost guarantee the "no more PRT waivers" will not affect females. When it becomes apparent half the useless slits in the Navy will get shitcanned for being fatties that rule will be changed re: women, then some dude will have a legitimate EEOC beef to take to his congresscritter and it will vanish altogether.

Redmanfms
03-06-12, 22:48
We had a couple of those 'Steel Beach' parties also once we hit that magical number.

Jesus, never happened for us. We never went ashore during patrols and some of them were 80-100 days long. Boomer bubbleheads never get to do the cool shit.

Irish
03-06-12, 22:59
Image is garbage. Deleted post. Will update if I can recover better digital image.

RogerinTPA
03-07-12, 12:21
The military world has made a turn for the surreal over the years. A couple of hundred years of tradition down the shitter in the blink of an eye. There's no reason to feel less proud, but yet I am pretty disgusted by the "gutting" of traditional military values. I feel for the Marines, but glad to keep to the old traditions as I have lived them, thoroughly intact, at least in my mind.

Abraxas
03-07-12, 12:35
And people ask me why I got out "so close to retirement"...

No kidding.

dookie1481
03-07-12, 13:07
Me too, I never knew, and **** him! We played war games with the Aussies and the Canucks and they both got beer on their boats!

We had one of those. What a train wreck. One Marine even took a dump on the floor.

Redmanfms
03-07-12, 13:20
We had one of those. What a train wreck. One Marine even took a dump on the floor.

To be fair, some Marines didn't finish the potty qual card.;)

Irish
03-07-12, 13:24

Frickin' MARDET guys! :sarcastic: If I remember correctly they took them off of the Lincoln in early 98'.

Smuckatelli
03-07-12, 14:23

Actually that isn't on the qual card for shipboard Marines. We just had to be able to sleep, stand in chow lines, sleep, clean or weapons, sleep, run around the flight deep 600 times to get a mile in, sleep, stand in chow lines, sleep, read some books, sleep, stand in chow lines, sleep, stand in the ship's store line, sleep, play spades, sleep, and then start the same routine the next day.

Every once in a while the ship would go to GQ which was an added bonus for the Marines.....they would be allowed to sleep in the racks with their boots on!

Take note, nowhere in the above plan of the day was there a requirement to get potty trained. :lol:

Besides...if we took the dump overboard some poor sub sailor would have to live in our poop.

dookie1481
03-09-12, 15:49
Actually that isn't on the qual card for shipboard Marines. We just had to be able to sleep, stand in chow lines, sleep, clean or weapons, sleep, run around the flight deep 600 times to get a mile in, sleep, stand in chow lines, sleep, read some books, sleep, stand in chow lines, sleep, stand in the ship's store line, sleep, play spades, sleep, and then start the same routine the next day.

Every once in a while the ship would go to GQ which was an added bonus for the Marines.....they would be allowed to sleep in the racks with their boots on!

Take note, nowhere in the above plan of the day was there a requirement to get potty trained. :lol:

Besides...if we took the dump overboard some poor sub sailor would have to live in our poop.

You forgot the weight room :D