PDA

View Full Version : Vltor stock question

jhs1969
12-27-07, 20:51
Can I get a Vltor stock to fit over the Bushmaster extension tube?

Shihan
12-27-07, 22:44
If you get one that fits the commercial RE.

Robb Jensen
12-28-07, 05:29
If you get one that fits the commercial RE.

I've never seen one of these.

RAM Engineer
12-28-07, 11:03
I've never seen one of these.

I think the new Emod stocks come in "commercial" sizes as well as "mil-spec"

AR-15A3
12-28-07, 15:14
I think the new Emod stocks come in "commercial" sizes as well as "mil-spec"

Yes I agree, the Vltor site shows both commercial and Mil-spec models for the EMOD model only, but I haven't seen any dealers selling the commercial model yet, maybe soon.

I've never seen any commercial variants of the Modstock models.

I got Mil-spec size EMOD, carbine Modstock and club foot Modstock models.

Shihan
12-28-07, 20:56
Yes I agree, the Vltor site shows both commercial and Mil-spec models for the EMOD model only, but I haven't seen any dealers selling the commercial model yet, maybe soon.

I've never seen any commercial variants of the Modstock models.

I got Mil-spec size EMOD, carbine Modstock and club foot Modstock models.

Believe it or not I had someone order one. For the most part if someone is going to order a Emod they order the whole kit and get a stronger RE.

AR-15A3
12-28-07, 23:08
Believe it or not I had someone order one. For the most part if someone is going to order a Emod they order the whole kit and get a stronger RE.

I agree, the Vltor RE is pretty good, I ordered the whole kit when I bought my club foot Modstock last year and when I got my new EMOD I just used the same Vltor RE and just swithed the stock bodies.

In my opinion it's the best finsihed tube I've seen so far, I like it a lot.

jhs1969
12-29-07, 09:28
I'm not sure how soon I will order a Modstock, (next will be a Massada, a 590A1, and a few cases of 5.56) but I now know which route to take, the complete kit.

Thanks guys

Shihan
12-29-07, 18:56
I agree, the Vltor RE is pretty good, I ordered the whole kit when I bought my club foot Modstock last year and when I got my new EMOD I just used the same Vltor RE and just swithed the stock bodies.

In my opinion it's the best finsihed tube I've seen so far, I like it a lot.

I was actually refering to why someone would buy an EMOD made for a commercial tube.