PDA

View Full Version : Geissele GS2 vs SSA?

Rolex_John
03-06-12, 10:58
Hi - I'm having Grant customize a Colt 6940 for me (should be in within a week or two! Fingers crossed!) and am debating between the GS2 or SSA trigger.

I have an M&P 15 that I've done a lot to, including the SSA trigger - I very much know and like the SSA trigger. In fact, I even put one on my M&P 15-22 "trainer."

So I guess I'm asking is the cost savings of the GS2 worth it? It's been described to me as being virtually imperceptibly different from the SSA. I'm not exactly "going cheap" with this AR build, so I'm inclined to spring for the SSA. But if the GS2 is as good as been described, then it seems like a no-brainer to go with it. Thoughts?

SomeOtherGuy
03-06-12, 13:45
I currently use two of the SSA and one of the S2S (same trigger as G2S). The S2S is about 95-98% the same as the SSA. I can feel the slightest difference in smoothness and crispness, but the S2S is still better than absolutely any other non-Geissele AR trigger I've used.

If it were me I would get the G2S installed, then on receipt move the SSA out of the M&P15-22 to put into your Colt, and put the G2S into the .22. It's an easy couple of minutes job for someone who's installed triggers before, and as long as you just do it once there is no meaningful wear on any of the FCG parts.

ALCOAR
03-06-12, 14:03
Ive owned several SSAs, and several S2Ss....personally I would save the money and get the S2S(G2S) trigger.

It's an awesome trigger, and wish it was still on the market for individual purchase from numerous retailers. It would have facilitated many more folks getting 2stage triggers in their rifles vs. single stage triggers.

Now if I had the decision between a SD-C or SD-E and the S2S....no questions asked, the SD-C/E would be my pick.

Rolex_John
03-06-12, 14:41
If it were me I would get the G2S installed, then on receipt move the SSA out of the M&P15-22 to put into your Colt, and put the G2S into the .22. It's an easy couple of minutes job for someone who's installed triggers before, and as long as you just do it once there is no meaningful wear on any of the FCG parts.

Brilliant - I think that's exactly what I'll do. :dance3: