PDA

View Full Version : Preferred host weapon for Pistol Suppressor?

M4Fundi
03-06-12, 22:34
Bought a 9mm and 45 AAC Suppressors and wanted to know what host weapon (pistol) you prefer and why? I am most interested in the 45, but figure I might as well ask for both. Please explain "why" if you have a particular reason. Much Appreciated:)

SteyrAUG
03-06-12, 22:49
Just remember .45 is already subsonic but dry suppressors don't offer a lot of db reduction. I generally prefer 9mm but some of them require a LID mount to cycle properly. Other than that the main issue is finding quality threaded barrels.

cj5_dude
03-07-12, 11:29
For my Ti-Rant 45 I use an FNP-45 tactical. It comes from the factory with a threaded barrel, a soft case that includes a pouch for a silencer, raised night sights to see over the silencer, and has the slide milled for a red dot sight like the Trijicon RMR. For me it had all the things I wanted right out of the box.

Shooting it wet is extremely quiet and a blast.

wahoo95
03-07-12, 11:38
P226 for 9mm

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jambi
03-07-12, 12:36
For my Ti-Rant 45 I use an FNP-45 tactical. It comes from the factory with a threaded barrel, a soft case that includes a pouch for a silencer, raised night sights to see over the silencer, and has the slide milled for a red dot sight like the Trijicon RMR. For me it had all the things I wanted right out of the box.

Shooting it wet is extremely quiet and a blast.

+1 for the FNP-45 Tac with Ti-Rant 45.
For no other reason than it simply felt smoother {IMHO} versus the same can on a USP Tac and XD Tac.
Not exactly a thorough comparison...

Pappabear
03-08-12, 00:09
FNP or HK45

I run my TiRant with an HK45. Bought my FNP before they made the TAC version.