PDA

View Full Version : End plate mod question

hotrodder636
03-07-12, 12:53
Just wondering if anyone here has drilled out their end plate to fit a QD swivel (like the DD and Noveske end plates)?
Are there any downfalls to doing this yourself? Dangers?

militarymoron
03-07-12, 12:58
no dangers, except that it won't work.

hotrodder636
03-07-12, 13:03
I guess that is what I am asking....why won't it work?
Yes I am sure I am Lisang something completely logical here.....so that's why I am asking. Thanks for the quick response though:)

tonyxcom
03-07-12, 13:10
I can't think of any reason why you couldn't but there wont be any shoulder in the end plate to support the QD device. So it probably wouldn't be very secure.

The Noveske end plates are only $23 or so and a QD socket for your butt stock is even cheaper than that if it didn't already include one, so I am not sure if the "cost/bubba ratio" is very good for this one.

hotrodder636
03-07-12, 13:13
I already have the DD socketed endplate but just.wondering about the drilling. No shoulder once it is drilled makes perfect sense. Knew I was missing something simple.:dance3:

militarymoron
03-07-12, 13:17
a couple of reasons - for the ball bearings in the QD swivel to retain it in the end plate, you'd have ensure that the thickness is correct. also, given the thickness of the stock endplate, the hole in the lower receiver isn't deep enough to allow the QD swivel to be inserted deep enough. more trouble than it's worth.