PDA

View Full Version : Buy another compact or add a fullsize M&P?

greatnw
03-07-12, 13:29
I recently sold my glock and bought a M&P9c that I really like. I'm wanting to buy a spare for it so once I get to about 1000 rounds with the M&P9c and start carrying it I can practice with the spare.

My question, is it smart to get a full size vs another compact? I've searched and read the threads that talk about owning duplicate pistols and alot of people own a fullsize and a compact, I really like the idea of having a full size but I will only be carrying the M&P9c and after I start carrying it I probably won't shoot it much if any and use the spare for all training. I feel like the smart thing to do is buy another compact because even though they both have the same manual of arms there will be differences in feel and performance and I need to train with what I carry. However the fullsize is appealing and because so many people seem to do one fullsize and one compact I thought I would seek some insight before I purchase. I should add that aside from training or the compact breaking/being unavailable for some reason I won't employ the spare. No bedside duty or anything like that, it will be abused regulary and I will run it until it breaks then repeat. After typing that all out I'm really thinking another compact is the way to go, am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

stmcelroy
03-07-12, 13:32
Really not a bad choice either way.

I wouldn't stop shooting your carry gun.

Beat Trash
03-07-12, 13:36
Most who go with a full size and a compact do so with the intent of using both guns. The compact either becoming a BUG or used with weather and cloths prevents CCW of the full size.

As you stated you intend to CCW the compact and are not looking for a "house gun" to keep in the bedroom, then I'd go for a second M&P9c.