PDA

View Full Version : Weapons on Archer

QuietShootr
03-08-12, 20:00
They must have a shooter in the crew somewhere, Lana just cleared a 1911 properly and caught the ejected round IPSC-style :D

C-grunt
03-08-12, 20:04
They always use such odd weaponry for there not to be a shooter involved.

QuietShootr
03-08-12, 20:14

No doubt. A Walther WA2000?

Plus the two tinnitus scenes - they got the sound exactly right :-D

J8127
03-08-12, 23:00
They get a lot of things VERY right on that show, it's fun to notice.

loganp0916
03-08-12, 23:06

+1
And the show is hilarious!

GTifosi
03-09-12, 00:02
Can't quite keep the M16 ejection ports on the correct side from scene to scene though.

I sorta like the show, but knowing what Jon Benjamin looks like puts a damper on things a bit. Someone that ugly doesn't deserve a voice that cool :)

LHS
03-09-12, 01:31
Can't quite keep the M16 ejection ports on the correct side from scene to scene though.

I sorta like the show, but knowing what Jon Benjamin looks like puts a damper on things a bit. Someone that ugly doesn't deserve a voice that cool :)

The guns do get mirrored a lot, and they don't seem to realize that single-action pistols need to be cocked in order to fire (lots of 1911s and Tokarevs that fire with the hammer down), but they do have the best animation and detail I've yet seen in a cartoon (with the notable exception of the classic "Jin Roh, the Wolf Brigade").

GTifosi
03-09-12, 02:10
I agree with that. At least the artists have a greater attention to detail than many.

Seems like they want to slip a tec-9 into every episode though.
You'd think with thier budget they could afford something a bit classier LOL

QuietShootr
03-09-12, 07:23
I agree with that. At least the artists have a greater attention to detail than many.

Seems like they want to slip a tec-9 into every episode though.
You'd think with thier budget they could afford something a bit classier LOL

I think that may be a very subtle ethnic joke, especially after the last pair she had were chrome plated.

QuietShootr
03-09-12, 07:24
+1
And the show is hilarious!

I'm crazy, Cyril?? You're the one who killed a perfectly good hooker!

LHS
03-09-12, 08:34
I'm crazy, Cyril?? You're the one who killed a perfectly good hooker!

Archer: Yes, now. Let's talk this out!

Lana: Talk WHAT out? How you ruined my chance to work for Odin? Or, oooh, maybe how I just caught my boyfriend balls-deep in some French chick.

Archer: Ex-boyfriend, I bet.

Lana: Ya think?

Archer: Yeah. He's not coming back. That chick was like, the Pele of anal.

J8127
03-09-12, 09:01
Season 1 jokes guys? Get your weight up, it's the end of Season 3.

LHS
03-09-12, 09:06
Season 1 jokes guys? Get your weight up, it's the end of Season 3.

If that's all you got, you're pushin' rope.

QuietShootr
03-09-12, 09:22
I've been watching it on Netflix, I just finished S2 last night. So I'm ready to get caught up :D

C4IGrant
03-09-12, 09:28
They must have a shooter in the crew somewhere, Lana just cleared a 1911 properly and caught the ejected round IPSC-style :D

Yes there is. It is Staff member Shivan. ;)

C4

LHS
03-09-12, 09:31
Shivan works on Archer?!?

C4IGrant
03-09-12, 09:32
Shivan works on Archer?!?

LOL, no silly! HE IS ARCHER! :D

C4

montanadave
03-10-12, 21:49
"It looked like a veal cutlet and a transister radio had a baby!"

:laugh:

LHS
03-10-12, 21:51
"It looked like a veal cutlet and a transister radio had a baby!"

:laugh:

And... it vibrates.

03-11-12, 19:54
Of course, I have Quiet's and C4's back but... The show just reeks of that fag you see in the airport wearing a TS, or LAV, etc. t-shirt. Or, maybe I just haven't given it enough chance. Whatever; I love Absolutely Fabulous so... If Archer ****s Patsy then I'll do 100 throw-ups at my next BJJ class.

loganp0916
03-11-12, 19:57
Patsy, isn't that the big, nasty broad?
If so, Archer did **** her recently.

LHS
03-11-12, 20:45
Patsy, isn't that the big, nasty broad?
If so, Archer did **** her recently.

That's Pam. I don't think there's a Patsy in the show.

loganp0916
03-11-12, 20:46
Oh. Okay. Close

Mauser KAR98K
03-11-12, 21:41
The guns do get mirrored a lot, and they don't seem to realize that single-action pistols need to be cocked in order to fire (lots of 1911s and Tokarevs that fire with the hammer down), but they do have the best animation and detail I've yet seen in a cartoon (with the notable exception of the classic "Jin Roh, the Wolf Brigade").

I loved that film. Incredibly great detail. You should check out Gunsmith Cats.

LHS
03-11-12, 21:47
I loved that film. Incredibly great detail. You should check out Gunsmith Cats.

I'll give it a look. Also, even though some of the weapons were a little hokey, I was otherwise impressed with Cat Shit One. What is it with the Japanese and cats?

Mauser KAR98K
03-11-12, 22:10
I'll give it a look. Also, even though some of the weapons were a little hokey, I was otherwise impressed with Cat Shit One. What is it with the Japanese and cats?

Beats squids and octopus. :bad:

I find their fascination with guns to be quite interesting. yet, they can't have them, their anime detail can be mind blowing, and to think airsoft came from them.

Spiffums
03-12-12, 14:45
Beats squids and octopus. :bad:

I find their fascination with guns to be quite interesting. yet, they can't have them, their anime detail can be mind blowing, and to think airsoft came from them.

Kinda like big breasted blondes, they want what they don't have. :haha:

loupav
03-18-12, 12:01
There was also a PSG-1 in the first season. :D

halo2304
03-18-12, 19:48
I remember seeing previews to this show a while back and thought it looked pretty good but never got around to watching it...till Friday night. The first episode, Mole Hunt, had me laughing SO hard I nearly pissed myself! My favorite scenes were the food rapist/donuts scene and the Mexican standoff scene.

I also caught the 2nd & 3rd episodes from the first season but, while funny, they weren't nearly as funny as "Mole Hunt." Definitely going to keep watching though. Great stuff! :p

ETA: This thread reminded me about the show. Thanks guys!