PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ASAP

ericridebike
03-08-12, 21:55
I have a Magpul ASAP and while I like it to an extent, not sure if I like the little link that you clip your sling onto. If for some reason I don't have a sling attached, I'm not crazy how it just slides around. Just wondering if you think it would still work if I removed that link and just clipped my MS3 sling directly onto the ASAP rail? I know it might reduce the range of motion a bit, but doesn't seem like it would be too bad.

Thanks,
Eric

Wormydog1724
03-08-12, 22:04
Clip your sling to it without removing the ring and try it. If you find no problems with it, then remove the ring. I have no problem with mine and I almost never use a sling. but that's just me.

bsmith_shoot
03-08-12, 22:14
Cut it off, then put on a loop of 550 cord. It works pretty good, and isnt as obstructive.
Brandon

JW1069
03-08-12, 23:00
Yes, you can cut off the link and clip the MS3 snap clip directly to the cross bar. However, it will not give you the same range of motion that using the link does and can bind up.

pira114
03-08-12, 23:06
Just recruit tape it. I used Gorrila tape. Takes a little doing. Tape it lengthwise and try not to have any seems on the part that contacts the "main" loop. Mine doesn't bind up at all and has lasted for several months now. When/if it gets shredded, I'll just redo it. Simple enough.

Logicalpath
03-08-12, 23:24
Just recruit tape it. I used Gorrila tape. Takes a little doing. Tape it lengthwise and try not to have any seems on the part that contacts the "main" loop. Mine doesn't bind up at all and has lasted for several months now. When/if it gets shredded, I'll just redo it. Simple enough.

Can you post a pic of what it looks like? I'm very curious about this setup myself.

pira114
03-08-12, 23:59
Can you post a pic of what it looks like? I'm very curious about this setup myself.

I'm at work. I'll try to get a good pic tomorrow and post it.

ericridebike
03-09-12, 00:00
Thanks for the info/ideas everyone!