PDA

View Full Version : Low pro gas block pin protruding

JMPZ
03-09-12, 19:37
After much reading, I got rid of my rra and purchased one of the recommended rifles on this site. I've emailed them regarding my problem. Being that its friday after business hours, and my ocd will not allow me to wait till Monday, Id like your opinions please. Im leaving the manufacturers name out of this.

The low pro gas block pin is protruding on one side and has made contact with the rail. It has scratched the rail. Im not bothered by the scratch. I just want to know if this will pose a problem shooting it tomorrow? Should I tap it in? Any insight or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

An Undocumented Worker
03-09-12, 20:03
Why is the rail even that close to the gas block? Some pictures showing more of what you are dealing with here would help.

JMPZ
03-09-12, 20:15
Its a omega rail. Hopefully this pic is better. Let me know if there's anything else in particular I can provide.

GTifosi
03-09-12, 20:21
I second An Undocumented Worker, that is way too close clearance wise.

Gas block used and barrel diameter may be of use.

JMPZ
03-09-12, 20:31
Im hesitant to be more forth coming with info and give away the identity of the manufacturer. I believe its against the rules if im not mistaken and I don't freely like getting my ass jumped on my first thread here. Maybe the more seasoned members can advise how to proceed within the rules of the site ?

Robb Jensen
03-09-12, 20:52
It should be repaired by either knocking the pin back the other way (if it's a straight 1/8" pin) and using something like red Loctite or Rocksett. Or shortening the pin if it's a taper pin.

JMPZ
03-09-12, 21:26
It should be repaired by either knocking the pin back the other way (if it's a straight 1/8" pin) and using something like red Loctite or Rocksett. Or shortening the pin if it's a taper pin.

Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

Not sure as to why the rail and gas block look so close. Maybe its the angle of the photo. Its a common rifle amongst this site. Surely Im not the only one with this freakishly huge gas block.

Thanks to everyone that responded to thus thread. I appreciate your time and patience.

Robb Jensen
03-10-12, 03:53
The internal dimensions of an Omega rail are pretty tight too.

fixit69
03-10-12, 10:08
This. I think Mr Jensen hit the nail on the head. This rail has a tight I.D. I've had one.
What's bothering me is that there is that much pin sticking out and damn that block is close to the rail. Have you taken the rail off to see if it wasn't pinned properly, or the pin is just not all the way in (loose?), or too long? There's not much else it can be.
Wait for the call. Sucks to hear it but everyone screws up sometime.

JMPZ
03-10-12, 11:54
This. I think Mr Jensen hit the nail on the head. This rail has a tight I.D. I've had one.
What's bothering me is that there is that much pin sticking out and damn that block is close to the rail. Have you taken the rail off to see if it wasn't pinned properly, or the pin is just not all the way in (loose?), or too long? There's not much else it can be.
Wait for the call. Sucks to hear it but everyone screws up sometime.

I have not taken the rail off. I've had it for a week and just noticed it. I believe it wasn't pushed in all the way. It doesn't feel loose. On the other side there's plenty of room to house the rest of that pin. Like you said, everyone makes mistakes. Im not upset. Other than that pin, the fit and finish is perfect. Im going to tap that pin in later today and finally go shoot it. Being new to ar's, I just wanted some opinions and options. Thanks again guys.