PDA

View Full Version : Sending two forms?

Funkenstein
03-10-12, 06:38
Was wondering if it were possible to send in two forms to the NFA in one package.

The first being a Form 1 to build an SBR with the trust route.

Second being one for a suppressor.

If I sent in two separate checks for $200 and the paperwork for both, I wonder if they would process them both at the same time, saving me months and months of waiting?

Mikey
03-10-12, 07:52
You can send them both in the same envelope, no problems.

rcpd34
03-10-12, 14:15
You can send both in together and one check for $400 if you like, but I don't see how it's going to save you any waiting time.

Robb Jensen
03-10-12, 15:06
I've sent in two Form 1s together in the same envelope before but I attached each set with a copy of my trust and a separate check for each in case they gave them to two different examiners.

Eurodriver
03-10-12, 17:53
I've sent in two Form 1s together in the same envelope before but I attached each set with a copy of my trust and a separate check for each in case they gave them to two different examiners.

I did this. I sent in 4 different Forms at the same time. But I wrote 4 separate checks, 4 separate trusts, 4 separate Cert of Compliances, etc.

In essence, they were all their own little packet inside the envelope. I did this only because I thought it was better to give too much paperwork than too little.

Funkenstein
03-11-12, 09:18

I agree with doing this.

And to the topic of saving time, I assume it would save time since possibly one examiner would take care of all your forms at once and they would all come back at once. Where as the other route, separately, one might get thrown into a different pile and you wait longer.

Just a thought I had, and it seems like a lot of people use this method.

Thanks for all the reply's.

Noodles
03-11-12, 11:57
I have never sent a single form4 or form1 in.

Always at least two forms, one check for $200*forms, one copy of trust, one 18-cert. Never had the form split between examiners. On 10 stamps now.

mowmer
03-11-12, 19:38
Don't form 1's get sent to the West Virginia address and Form 4's to Atlanta?

Noodles
03-12-12, 17:43
Don't form 1's get sent to the West Virginia address and Form 4's to Atlanta?

Technically, yes. However, I have sent mixed and they both end up at the same place, with the same person, and get processed the same. YMMV.

I don't think I'll be doing many form1s anymore (already have the SBRs I want) so it'll likely be all Form4s to ATL now.

rushca01
03-23-12, 12:03
Just called and they nice lady on the phone told me to send my Form 1's to ATL GA. If they were sent to WV they would just send them to ATL anyways.

El Cid
04-14-12, 11:58
Just called and they nice lady on the phone told me to send my Form 1's to ATL GA. If they were sent to WV they would just send them to ATL anyways.

Interesting... So the examiners are all in Atlanta? I remembered sending my SBR form 1's to West VA. Was surprised today when I had to mail the form 4's to Atlanta. Thought maybe cans were handled by a different group.

CarlosDJackal
04-14-12, 13:44
Interesting... So the examiners are all in Atlanta? I remembered sending my SBR form 1's to West VA. Was surprised today when I had to mail the form 4's to Atlanta. Thought maybe cans were handled by a different group.

I believe the Atlanta office deals with the money first.