PDA

View Full Version : 1 point or 2 point sling

ridgerunner70
03-10-12, 19:25
1 point or 2 point sling? if i go with the 2 point i will go with the Vickers sling but, i have done some reading on the 1 point sling and is curious with what would be better for me. I will basically practice drills and hunt but will be used for HD more than any.

wahoo95
03-10-12, 19:28
I run a Vickers 2 point with a 2 to 1 adapter.....best of both worlds

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Vash1023
03-10-12, 19:29
magpul ms2 or 3 sling.

you can hae the best of both worlds. :)

kcmo83
03-10-12, 19:34
I would recommend starting by typing "1 pt vs. 2 pt sling" in the search button up top. It gave me at least 3-4 relevant threads.

ridgerunner70
03-10-12, 19:44
I run a Vickers 2 point with a 2 to 1 adapter.....best of both worlds

Do you buy the adaptor off Vickers site?

mattw82
03-10-12, 19:55
Tons of threads and YouTube videos available on this exact topic. I would recommend you buy inexpensive versions of both to experience both. Once you decide which version you prefer full time, you can get a nice one like the vtac or magpul and keep the other one for backup. I find I jump back and forth between the two depending on the type of shooting I'm doing. Typically for HD/SD you'll be moving around a lot, clearing rooms or what have you, and the single point will be more flexible. If you're going to hunt, the 2 point will be more comfortable and secure while walking and moving around.

JW1069
03-10-12, 20:28
magpul ms2 or 3 sling.

you can hae the best of both worlds. :)
MS3 all day over the MS2. :dirol:

Range drills, carbine classes and HD a one point works well because it gives you maximum range of motion, but you'll want a two point for carrying a rifle in the woods hunting.

HamA2
03-10-12, 20:41
The single points are more like a lanyard, they just keep the rifle attached to you, and I can see the utility of that for CBQ type long arms.
The two point slings are less useful in that role, but can be used as a shooting aid and allow for hands free carry when just walking around without getting wanged in the family jewels every time you take a step.

I like the idea of the Magpul and other similar type slings, but they seems to not work quite as well as a dedicated two point. Being said, I'd like to try one and am prepared to eat crow if I like them.

Surf
03-11-12, 00:22
I have been making my own and running one point / two point convertible slings for several years, long before they were en-vogue or even on the commercial market. With many years of running them in a wide variety of situations, I will say that without a doubt, I use my slings in the 2 point mode 90 plus percent of the time. Single point shines in a very limited application in my opinion which most people don't find themselves in. If you ever find yourself in a situation that you need two hands and cannot control the weapon with at least one hand, you will probably wish that you had a 2 point sling. Of course everyone has an opinion. :)

HawaiianM4
03-11-12, 03:26
The one point sling is I think more for CQB, moving in and out of buildings and vehicles. The two point is better for patroling. I have both and use for each of these siituations. I had used the two point for many years and the one point is great for the situations described.

wahoo95
03-11-12, 07:11
Do you buy the adaptor off Vickers site?

Check the Blue Force Gear site or Impact Weapons site

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/category/mount-n-slot/sling-adapters/

Lincoln7
03-11-12, 09:14
2 point is my preference. Single point slings allow the rifle to hit me in the junk and generally does not stabilize it well when hanging. I also find many configurations possible with the 2 point.

BountyXP
03-11-12, 23:57
Savvy Sniper QUAD sling...allows for 2-point or 1-point configuration with a variety or mounting options (HK Snap-Hook, MASH hook, QD Swivel, etc). I have been using mine for over a year and enjoy the mission flexibility afforded by a convertible sling versus the static abilities of a fixed 2- or 1-point sling.

motorolahamm
03-12-12, 07:27
I mainly like a sling that can convert from 2pt to 1 pt. Gives you a little more options when trying to carry with diff loadouts. i mainly use a MS2 and a dieter cqd sling.

MCS
03-12-12, 07:41
I like having both a single and a two point. I really like the Blue Force vcas padded, with there tri-glide. It gives me the option of changing on the fly. It came in really handy at the Costa class I recently took.

RogerinTPA
03-12-12, 10:35
A padded adjustable two point sling (VCAS or VTAC), but a boony packer sling will do in a pinch since they both are pretty much a derivative, upgraded version of it. I've use one in some form or fashion since joining M4C. It's the most practical and versatile alternative that most industry professionals (Instructors), SMEs, and folks who do a lot of training like most of the senior members, will agree on.

Iraqgunz
03-12-12, 11:06
Do you like ballhuggers or boxers? Plaid or plain? Cause that's what were talking about here. Use the search button and read. Sometimes you just need to try things out on your own.