PDA

View Full Version : New AB Arms Handguard

oneyeopn
03-11-12, 08:54
AB Arms handguard w/4 slot rail
Ok it is here, my new American Built Arms handguard. I picked it up from the post office along with a 4 slot rail that I picked up for the lower front. It came in a little box wrapped in plastic with excellent instructions (in case you never have replaced or removed handguards). The very first thing I noticed was they didn't tell you to get a hanguard tool to remove or install handguards. I installed the 4 slot rails with the enclosed hardware took about a minute. I then removed my old handguards and Installed the new ones. The new ones have full length aluminum shields inside which will keep the handguards a lot cooler. I have a 7 slot rail from AB Arms that was on my old ones and I could have installed it in a myriad of places but because I am not putting a flashlight or laser on mine I didn't install it. They also sell a 5 slot rail that will install on the lower part or any of the slots on the upper part. When you pick up your rifle you immediately feel the difference. It sits in your hand like the Bell and Carlson Target stocks I have on a couple of my bolt action rifles. Very
solid and firm. The stippling on the lower part is very grippy without being too coarse. They fit beautifully and tight with not a bit of play, in fact they fit like they are a machined part of the gun. I just stepped outside (because I can) and fired off a couple of rounds out into the field behind the house and they do help in steadying the rifle with the handgrip section having a slight angled grip area that really feels good. I seriously do recommend these as an alternative to Magpul or the factory handguard. They have lots of options for mounting other rails for an other equipment you may desire without the quadrail look. The options for mounting lasers and lights really put you on axis with the barrel and sights. I am more than happy. You can get it from Cromer Distributing on eBay for $39.99 free shipping and no I dont work for the company or the manufacturer. I just thought you guys might like to see it. 11492

sammage
03-11-12, 14:17
What made you choose this over the MOE handguard?

WAR FACE
03-11-12, 14:38
I saw these at a gun show awhile back. They felt very comfortable but the plastic top rail is not very useful.