PDA

View Full Version : POF Lower Compatability

No Bananas
03-11-12, 10:48
I like the look and features of the POF lowers. Don't care for their piston system. I'd rather use a quality DI upper. Are the POF lowers compatible with DI uppers?

Javelin
03-11-12, 10:54
I like the look of them too!

Yes they are standard lowers.

;)

pleaforwar
03-11-12, 10:59
Do you plan on using them with Pmags? If you do, don't get their Gen 2 lower.

devinsdad
03-11-12, 11:02
I don't know if there is any price differance, but POF rifles and receivers are nothing more than rebranded Hogan rifles and receivers. Check both before you buy, may save a few coins in the process.

No Bananas
03-11-12, 11:38
Do you plan on using them with Pmags? If you do, don't get their Gen 2 lower.

What about their gen 3 lowers? I would want to use Pmags.

polydeuces
03-11-12, 18:51
I have a POF gen 2 lower I use for function testing uppers i build.
Never have any issues with anything, runs flawless with any mag, including any size pmag and upper i feed it.

M16_4_REAL
03-11-12, 21:14
pof lowers are good to go. have a couple and they function flawless on mil spec or better uppers. use both pof piston and rainier arms di uppers and have been very happy with both.

heres the main difference between gen 2 and 3 in my opinion.

gen 2 is basically standard ar type lower with integral enlarged trigger guard, teflon coated black or np3 silver, and 100% american billet. accepts mil spec parts.

gen 3 is a little more gingerbread having the same teflon coating or np3, integral trigger guard, and billet, but it comes with a second bolt catch release on the opposite side that i prefer to magpul type bad lever, and a norton ambi mag release that makes it nice sometimes also.

they are good receivers and in my experience top notch.

heres a pic of one of mine. 14.5" p/w, 6.8spc, gen 3 lower.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm157/vjhvettes/75d36c01.jpg

polydeuces
03-11-12, 22:11
I don't know if there is any price differance, but POF rifles and receivers are nothing more than rebranded Hogan rifles and receivers. Check both before you buy, may save a few coins in the process.

It is correct Hogan did (does?) machining for POF (which I know because I purchased some POF stuff directly from them) - but whatever their current relationship is and who made/makes what for whom is not all that clear to me, perhaps you have more info - could be a bit more specific?
Thanks.

Shagnasty
03-11-12, 22:29
It is correct Hogan did (does?) machining for POF (which I know because I purchased some POF stuff directly from them) - but whatever their current relationship is and who made/makes what for whom is not all that clear to me, perhaps you have more info - could be a bit more specific?
Thanks.

It's a question of who owes whom what. Mostly money related. not really worth the headache of trying to understand. I have friends in both companies who have explained the situation to me from both angles multiple times and I still don't get it. If you like it, buy it. YMMV.

polydeuces
03-12-12, 09:45
It's a question of who owes whom what. Mostly money related. not really worth the headache of trying to understand. I have friends in both companies who have explained the situation to me from both angles multiple times and I still don't get it. If you like it, buy it. YMMV.

That's kinda the sense I got as well.
Basically, none of my business, and not that terribly relevant to which ever product one chooses to buy, indeed.
Thanks.