PDA

View Full Version : glock trigger pull suddenly increases in pull weight?

SpookyPistolero
03-11-12, 19:54
I'm a life long Glock shooter. I have performed many trigger jobs, part replacements, etc. (Obviously not a claim to fame since a monkey could do it) So that said, I'm having an odd problem with a new-to-me G17. This is a used gun, gen2 upper with gen3 lower. I dry fired a lot when I got it without problem. I shot 300 rounds this weekend without problems. When I was dry firing tonight, I found the trigger pull was changing with each shot. Sometimes the normal pull weight, sometimes an extremely heavy, gritty pull. It was almost too much to pull at one point. So I detail stripped it and have been unable to find anything out of the ordinary. The problem still seems to exist after reassembly.

Does this sound familiar? I've not run into this problem before. Considering a top-to-bottom spring replacement.

RD62
03-11-12, 20:18
Could it be something with the firing pin safety? Could be why it seems ok when pulled apart looking at the bottom.

Heavy Metal
03-11-12, 20:33
Yep, I learned to make sure and get the firing pin safety spring put back in right or you will get a super-shitty trigger pull.

DCsampson
03-11-12, 20:45
I've experienced spring cups out of whack against the striker that caused the striker to bind in its channel creating a crappy, variable trigger pull. Might check that if you haven't already.

SpookyPistolero
03-11-12, 21:01
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I will check those first thing tomorrow.

SeriousStudent
03-11-12, 21:52
https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1255155&postcount=10

Food for thought.

Russell92
03-12-12, 00:33
Also check the firing pin spacer sleeve for cracks. I've had one with a partial crack and it caused the trigger pull to become heavier. Gun still ran fine until I replaced it.

SpookyPistolero
03-13-12, 16:49
I swapped all springs related to the trigger group, the connector, firing pin, cups, spacer & spring, and trigger housing with that of a gen3 g33. The only thing I didnt change was the trigger bar (so I could try to keep my smooth face trigger). So far, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem. I will pop back in if the problem persists.