PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a CMMG 16" Middy

fivepointoh
12-29-07, 00:04
From TOS's EE....put down the I'll take it and the MO will be going out Monday. Pretty stoked as this will be my first middy ever.

Looking fwd to it and gonna try to keep it black.

Trying to figure out which route I wanna go with this. Also picked up an MI 2pc FF rail for dirt cheap. Since I have the two piece design I'm thinking of cutting the barrel for 14.5 and perm. attaching a 5C2 on there. I got a great deal on it IMO as it's a 16" gov't profile under the HG's, comes w/ both the carry handle and a YHM rear BUIS, has some bolt upgrades, 1/7, chrome lined and under 200 rounds. Also think I'm gonna ditch the CH and BUIS and go w/ either a Troy or MI rear BUIS. Then once the funds are available throw a Magpul UBR on there. As for optics I think I'll stick w/ an M2 and once again when the funds are available upgrade to an H1 or T1 Micro. Damn I'm excited....nothing like buying a new gun. BTW do PMAGs work in the CMMG lowers? Also I have some mil-spec stocks lying around...are CMMG receiver extensions mil-spec or commercial? This rifle was built around December of '06 if that helps anyone.

So if ya'll have any middy pics you feel like posting have at it.

David Thomas
12-29-07, 13:19
BTW do PMAGs work in the CMMG lowers?

based on my experience, Yes.

FloridaCreekIndian
12-31-07, 00:51
I am pretty certain that CMMG buffer tubes are mil spec. I am sure you will be very happy with your CMMG middy.

Sid Post
12-31-07, 11:57
I've gotten mixed feed back on CMMG buffer tubes. I took my m4 stock off and it had the flat end so, I'm thinking its true mil-spec. I didn't measure it but, the commercial tubes aren't flat on the end due to the way they are manufactured.

FloridaCreekIndian
12-31-07, 12:15
They may sell both commercial and mil spec buffer tubes but I am not sure.

gkanga
12-31-07, 14:23
CMMG buffer tubes are mil-spec diameter now, but they used to be commercial. I got my CMMG lower a year and a half ago and it is commercial.

fivepointoh
12-31-07, 20:44
Thanks guys for the input.

I've got a VLTOR stock on the way from another member so I'm gonna chance it. If it's commercial I think I have a mil-spec receiver extension around here somehwere. :p