PDA

View Full Version : Double light mount suggestions?

Beachboy
03-11-12, 21:35
Looking to "re-purpose" 2 of my Surefight 6Ps (both have the P60L LED upgrade) as weapons lights. I've been thinking about running them as dual lights at the ~ 9:00 and 11:00 position and looking for experiences others have had and suggestions for dual mounts. They will be run using just the tailcap switches. Running a M.I. carbine lenght Gen 2 forearm on this carbine.
One light has the original full round body, the other is the newer body with the flats on the tube.
I've run others in the past, including the older S. F. Millemium, with the A.R.M.S. quick detach mount, the TL-1, TL-3 and a couple of others.
Suggestions and especially pictures appreciated!

Wake27
03-11-12, 23:21
Pretty sure I saw one of Stickman's picture where he had a similar setup. That was the only one I've ever seen though. Why would you want to run two though? That's a lot of extra weight and bulk.

Beachboy
03-12-12, 04:53
You're right about weight and bulk, it may prove to be too much of one or the other, don't know yet.
The thought behind it is redundency....one is none, two is one......

Also, who has upgraded their 6P body to a mega lumen LED light with a reflector and head module change? What manufacture did you use for the upgrade?

Wake27
03-12-12, 12:08
You're right about weight and bulk, it may prove to be too much of one or the other, don't know yet.
The thought behind it is redundency....one is none, two is one......

Also, who has upgraded their 6P body to a mega lumen LED light with a reflector and head module change? What manufacture did you use for the upgrade?

That corresponds well to a debate I'm having in another thread.

one is none, two is one (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100953&page=2)

As I've stated there though, personally, I'd prefer to just use one quality item and be aware of its condition and status, knowing when it may need a battery change and whatnot (if said item was a light, as in this case). Proper PMCS will save money, time, and in this case, weight and space. Again, IMO.