PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal for a new LMT BCG?

Clem
03-12-12, 13:10
This is the first time I've bought a BCG seperately.
Is this type of wear normal for a new BCG?
I believe I bought it from a reputable dealer. It came in bubble wrap.
Not sure if that's normal too.
Can anyone enlighten me?

Failure2Stop
03-12-12, 13:12
Nothing to worry about.

Clem
03-12-12, 13:15
Thanks F2S, that puts my mind at ease.
Now just waiting for the rest of my parts to come in.
:D

Dirtyboy333
03-12-12, 13:16
I'm not sure if manufacturers test their BCG's in a rifle before hipping them or not. Either way, from the pic it looks like brass marks from the next round in the mag. If thats the case I would ay it's perfectly fine and go shoot it. I beleive LMT tests their stuff pretty extensively. I bought a stainless 308 barrel from them and it looked like it had been through a deployment. :p

ETA: oops. was typing when F2S posted...

Clem
03-12-12, 13:25
I'm not sure if manufacturers test their BCG's in a rifle before hipping them or not. Either way, from the pic it looks like brass marks from the next round in the mag. If thats the case I would ay it's perfectly fine and go shoot it. I beleive LMT tests their stuff pretty extensively. I bought a stainless 308 barrel from them and it looked like it had been through a deployment. :p

ETA: oops. was typing when F2S posted...

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I knew LMT tested their stuff, but I didn't know this is what it looked like. Now that you mention it, yeah, that's brass colored to me. Oops.
:jester:

buckjay
03-12-12, 17:41
Yeahp, thats brass. If you give a good scrub it'll come right off (but it'll be there the next time you shoot!).

Tarbell
03-12-12, 20:38
LMT does not individually package a lot of their small parts, so what you see could be from in-house testing or from a bunch of BCGs rubbing on each other while in the bulk bag or box. I know for receiver extensions, they just put a bunch in a bag and ship them to dealers like that...and they get pretty scuffed up. It's only aesthetics though, so no worries.

Robb Jensen
03-12-12, 20:50
I believe LMT test fires every bolt and carrier. Every one we've ever received directly from them had carbon and brass on it. So no worries it's pretty normal for LMT. I see test firing as a GREAT thing.

koniz
03-12-12, 20:54
i personally used to test for LMT and they testfire every carrier going out and and all bolt and all uppers including the high pressure test for the bolt before mp test. I have personally tested thousands of bolts and carriers in the time that I worked for them.