PDA

View Full Version : Whats a fair price CD DM4LE?

dan5505
03-12-12, 20:59
I am debating on picking up a Colt LE6920 since the prices are so good right now. I have a Charles Daly DM4LE that I picked up new in 2009. I have put a few hundred rounds through it. What do you guys think is a fair price if I decide to sell it? It is kind of hard to judge since I can't find any for sale online.

Thanks,

Dan

SomeOtherGuy
03-12-12, 21:45
My memory is that those sold for around $1000 back when a 6920 sold for $1200-1500. Charles Daly Defense is out of business and gone. Its prior owner is starting up a new company, possibly with the same name, but he will have no obligation to warranty the prior company's products and I have no reason to think he would. Therefore, what you have is basically a fairly high quality gun that is also orphaned and rather obscure, and you're looking at selling it used into a market where the really high quality stuff has come down in price vs. how prices were in 2009.

My WAG is that you might get $800 from a buyer who's happy to pay a lot or just wants that exact brand and model (they were good guns), but I think $600-700 is probably more realistic. Of course it depends on the market, and with an apparent rush on guns restarting you might get more than that in a couple months.

ryan
03-12-12, 21:47
Keep it and get the 6920.

SomeOtherGuy
03-12-12, 21:50
Incidentally, why do you want to sell that and replace it with a Colt 6920? You would be taking a loss only to get a nearly identical gun, apart from the name, likely higher material standards and quality control in areas that aren't immediately visible and won't matter to most users (even hard users), and a guarantee of TDP compliance. If you had a DPMS I would fully understand, but the CDD-M4LE was considered very good and in the running with truly quality stuff (e.g. BCM, LMT), not in the bargain bin of dubious brands.

dan5505
03-12-12, 22:10
You guys are probably right. I should just keep the charles daly. I think im going to pick up the colt either way. I have no reason to sell the dm4le. Its been a great rifle so far.

ryan
03-12-12, 22:15
You guys are probably right. I should just keep the charles daly. I think im going to pick up the colt either way. I have no reason to sell the dm4le. Its been a great rifle so far.

Spare parts are much more convienent when fully assembled. :D

Iraqgunz
03-13-12, 00:23
Try Gunbroker or other similar sites to get the info.