PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

HKskook
03-13-12, 13:01
Hello, I have been a lurker for a little while and this is my first post. I just bought a Colt 6720 Talo edition. I love it. The only thing I found that I dont like is that right where the rail system meets the upper whoever installed it scratched off the finish a little. I understand this is a combat rifle but I also understand I paid alot of my hard earned money for it. So my question is what would you do
Would you
A. Send it back to Colt to be touched up or refinished?
B. Nothing
C. Just touch it up yourself and if so with what?
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/Hkskook17/IMAG0201-1.jpg
Thanks in advance

PalmettoPrecision
03-13-12, 13:05
Nothing.

kdcgrohl
03-13-12, 13:09
Shoot it.

Kokopelli
The first one always hurts the worst.. But alas more will come.. Ron

ST911
Spend a day at the range in meaningful exercises. When you come home, the blem will blend in with the new marks.

Moltke
03-13-12, 13:35
Nothing.

3 AE
03-13-12, 13:49
Upon closer examination of the photo of the disfigured 6720, I would seriously consider putting it up for sale in the Equipment Exchange Section of this forum. Personally, I wouldn't be able to keep it together knowing that my rifle has a serious defect no matter how good the reconstructive surgery was performed. The 6720's are in high demand right now, so it would sell quickly. You'll probably get as much if not more than you paid for it, and you'll be able to get a brand new one to replace it. You will sleep better knowing you don't have to look at a cosmetically challenged carbine. Seriously? Yeah,seriously. Actually, I'd be even more pissed off about that magenta arrow that was painted on the rail. The nerve of those bastards!

ReaperAZ
03-13-12, 13:55
Shoot, lube, repeat.

:cool:

Failure2Stop
03-13-12, 14:00
If YOU don't like it, talk to Colt and see what they will do.
Me?
I'd just go put more scratches on it.

Proteinshake
03-13-12, 14:08
You got an awesome gun!!! Scratches and dings happen. Keep it and dirty it up some.

jonconsiglio
03-13-12, 14:16
I wouldn't be concerned at all. If it was an H&H maybe, but not an AR. Seriously, ARs get beat up and personally, I think they look better beat it. It's a working gun, not a showpiece.

Are you concerned about the look of it or are you concerned about the anodizing being scraped off and potential corrosion in the future?

The arrow comment was pretty funny..!

duece71
03-13-12, 14:16
Oh no! That scratch looks awful!! If you don't want it I'll buy it from ya. ;) Seriously, more scratches and scuffs will appear. Shoot it and enjoy.

fixit69
03-13-12, 14:18
Dude, if you do that rifle justice, there will be more scratches to come. Like was said above, the first hurts, but its done now so shoot it. Have fun and quit worrying about it

amd5007
03-13-12, 14:29
Dude, if you do that rifle justice, there will be more scratches to come. Like was said above, the first hurts, but its done now so shoot it. Have fun and quit worrying about it

I have to agree. I just SBR'd a lower and the first day out it got scratched. That first scratch hurt, but after that it's not a problem.

Look at it this way, if that is the only "issue" on the rifle, I wouldn't think anymore about it. Everyone and everything has degrees of imperfection. Now you can just more easily identify your personal Colt from all the others out there.

Striker
03-13-12, 14:29
Personally, I would just shoot it, get more scratches on it and not worry about it, but if it bothers you, call Colt.

MidwestRookie
03-13-12, 14:34
Well I vote for a good cry in the corner.

I can't even see anything but a giant purple arrow anyway, so a good cry should cure whatever it is you're worrying about..

MistWolf
03-13-12, 14:39
Hit it with a little AlumaBlack and press on

danco
03-13-12, 14:43
Touch it up with a paint pen.

By the time the paint wears off, you'll have more dings on it anyway and won't be so upset about it anymore.

BTW, you can also use the paint pen to color-out that nasty brass color that will soon appear on the case defelector. :D

Nah...in all seriousness, don't worry about it. Shoot and have fun!

~Dan

North Dakota Shooter
03-13-12, 14:43
I would shoot it.

Iraqgunz
03-13-12, 14:55
This is really silly. Call Colt and complain or treat it like a real weapon and shoot it.