PDA

View Full Version : New Safariland holster for Glock/M&P with optic

GJM
03-13-12, 19:01
Bill Rogers showed our class today the prototype models of the new Safariland holster for the Glock and M&P with an optic. This new holster protects the back of the optic with a flap that pivots out of the way during the draw.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/RMR1.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/RMR2.jpg

Out of a class of 18, 2 of the 4 top shooters so far are running an M&P with an optic (1 RMR and 1 Delta Point).

JSGlock34
03-13-12, 19:15
Out of a class of 18, 2 of the 4 top shooters so far are running an M&P with an optic (1 RMR and 1 Delta Point).

Fascinating. One of the issues I've experienced with my RMR equipped Glock is that I'm much slower to the first round shot from the draw. I figured that would be a serious detriment at the Rogers school, where time standards on small, reactive targets are demanding...apparently not...

GJM
03-13-12, 19:24
I think it is just a familiarity/training issue. I note no material difference in my time to my first shot freestyle, strong or support hand only. Down in FL a few weeks ago, when training with Manny Bragg at Universal, from open carry with a Fricke Gideon, I had several draws to a close target in the .85 range, and many under a second. I just look for the front reserve sight as I draw, and the dot appears prior to the completion of my press out. Now, if you don't use the front sight as a lead in, and wait to acquire the dot before finishing the press out, you will be SLOW. One hand only took more effort to sort out, and as you know, half the shooting at Rogers is either strong or support hand only.

lasvegasone
03-13-12, 19:50
Model number? Available finishes? Source of supply?

Jim D
03-13-12, 23:17
Model number? Available finishes? Source of supply?

From post #1

Bill Rogers showed our class today the prototype models of the new Safariland holster

Wolvee
03-13-12, 23:55
Sign me up for that with a G26 and RMR. :0)P

redone13
03-14-12, 00:03
Hmm this makes my wonder bout my FNP-45 Tactical and my RMR now.

JHC
03-14-12, 11:47
Sign me up for that with a G26 and RMR. :0)P

I haven't seen one of those setups yet but who needs all that longer slide and barrel when the RMR turns it into a tack driver out to 25 yds and beyond? Good thought.

B Cart
03-14-12, 12:03
That prototype looks pretty sweet. Does the flap pivot out of the way due to the firearm being pulled, or is it connected to a release lever that flips it up (kind of like the thumb release on the ALS)?

bikerdog
03-15-12, 14:50
That is awsome. I just hope it does not take them to long to release it.

Wolvee
03-15-12, 15:32
I haven't seen one of those setups yet but who needs all that longer slide and barrel when the RMR turns it into a tack driver out to 25 yds and beyond? Good thought.

I've been salivating ever since Doug showed me one at his shop ATEi (http://ateiguns.com/). I'm going to beat him up with PM's until he agrees to tackle the never before done task of put one on my P2000SK. Right now it looks as though it can't be done but I have faith in Doug. :0)

M4Fundi
03-16-12, 03:47
Can you get a suppressor thru the holster?