PDA

View Full Version : RTI Tacos

Wake27
03-13-12, 20:09
Following this KitUp (http://kitup.military.com/2012/03/g-code-holsters-part-3-of-3.html) post, I checked out HSGI's website. Looks like a possible solution to the Taco's mounting problems. I wonder how it will play out vs cost and weight, however. May be a great option for one or two pouches though, to flex them wherever. Especially if you already have more of the G-Code RTI system.

Iraq Ninja
03-13-12, 22:37
If you don't have the time or energy to mount the Tacos, 550 cord works very well and is quick.

I got a G Code holster, but I don't see any reason to use the mounting bracket on a taco.

Keep it simple. Unless you need to change a pouch for mission prep, just accept the fact that you will need to break a sweat and get the pouches on. Most civilians should not be bothered by the Taco, unless they are overly inflected with the "metro tactical" syndrome and have to change pouches as often as they change their underwear.

While the pouch is heavenly, the mounting is hell.

Wake27
04-30-12, 14:13
If you don't have the time or energy to mount the Tacos, 550 cord works very well and is quick.

I got a G Code holster, but I don't see any reason to use the mounting bracket on a taco.

Keep it simple. Unless you need to change a pouch for mission prep, just accept the fact that you will need to break a sweat and get the pouches on. Most civilians should not be bothered by the Taco, unless they are overly inflected with the "metro tactical" syndrome and have to change pouches as often as they change their underwear.

While the pouch is heavenly, the mounting is hell.

All good points. I think I've heard zip ties being used as well, just thought it was interesting. Definitely can't see 5 pouches being set up that way, but maybe one to transition between a rig and belt. I just ordered 5 Taco's and one of the RTI adapters to check out with that mindset.

FSP had a nice review of them just put up.

http://frontsitepost.com/product-review/g-code-rti-system-hsgi-taco-adapter/

drck1000
04-30-12, 17:51
I just received my SGPB and Tacos over the weekend (2 pistol mag and 2 rifle mag Tacos) and the mounting of the Tacos with the malice clips were a bit of a PITA. There is a video on HSGI's website that shows how to make the mounting of the Tacos a little easier with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers.

Overall, getting them on was fine I guess, but if I ever want to move them around, I probably will be sure to have some extra malice clips on hand before I do. I'll probably end up breaking or otherwise ruining at least one of them.

I also have a G-Code holster, but I use the duty/drop attachment on the belt portion of the SGPB/Cobra belt combo. I actually ordered the G-Code holster and one of the rifle mag pouches (I don't use the rifle mag pouch though) and the guys at G-Code were VERY helpful with suggestions/recommendations on mounting options. Same thing for when I contacted HSGI.

The RTI system seems like it would make things a little easier, but it would also push the pouches farther away from your belt line. That would be something that I want to avoid for sure as I have a large/wide enough belt line as it is.