PDA

View Full Version : Just sent my M&P 9 full size to David Bowie..

BigBuckeye
03-14-12, 15:54
And I completely missed the news about the unlock issue...

Here is the height of my stupidity......I bought the pistol brand new.....and shipped off BEFORE EVER FIRING IT. So I have no idea if this pistol is affected by this "defect."

I thought I was good to go on this pistol and now I just read through the whole thread and feel like a complete jackass...

The plan is for DB to refinish the frame, mill for a RMR, LX trigger and polish the chamber and feed ramp.

I freaking can't believe this.....

Thoughts?

orionz06
03-14-12, 16:02
Well, Dave is a great shooter, perhaps ask him to put a mag or two through it and see what he thinks.

BigBuckeye
03-14-12, 16:04
The worst part....I actually said to myself..."no need to fire this, it is an M&P...it will be fine."

Striker
03-14-12, 17:24
If you want to test the pistol, you can go to UPS and ask them to issue a pickup tag for the gun. This works for everything else, you'll have to check on firearms. The gun has to land there first, so you would need to call Bowie and let them know what you're going to do. I'm pretty sure they can't turn it midstream and if you sent it, it had to go overnight anyway, so what's the difference. If they won't issue a call tag because it's a gun, you can have Bowie send it back to you on your dime.

Your other choice is what orionz said, which is ask them to accuracy test it at 25 yards for you.

Bowie Tactical
03-14-12, 18:02
Any gun that comes into my shop for this kind of work gets test fired anyway. So I check while sighting gun for any issues. They all get a quik sight in so i would notice if one was way out of whack in accuracy or function.

David Bowie
Bowie Tactical

JHC
03-14-12, 18:15
Look at it this way. You've invested in a fine gun that is now being customized by one of the elite. This will make it easier to lock it up when you get it back - then ship it off to get one of the BarSto fitted barrels added to it by Apex - before you have fired it yet. When you finally shoot it; it will be epic.

It will be worth it all when you start out and you'll never confirm if you ****ed up or not. ;) Good luck man. I bet its a winner.

C4IGrant
03-14-12, 18:40
And I completely missed the news about the unlock issue...

Here is the height of my stupidity......I bought the pistol brand new.....and shipped off BEFORE EVER FIRING IT. So I have no idea if this pistol is affected by this "defect."

I thought I was good to go on this pistol and now I just read through the whole thread and feel like a complete jackass...

The plan is for DB to refinish the frame, mill for a RMR, LX trigger and polish the chamber and feed ramp.

I freaking can't believe this.....

Thoughts?

As mentioned, have him shoot it for group and advise.

With that said, there will be a couple options for fitted M&P barrels shortly so you will be able to get a "fix" for any accuracy issues.

C4

BigBuckeye
03-14-12, 19:52
Thanks all, and thanks David, look forward to seeing the finished product.

BigBuckeye
05-03-12, 13:35
David Bowie is the freaking MAN!

Called me today to inform me that my M&P is finished and will be shipping out tomorrow.

He also mentioned that he fired some cheap 9mm through it and it was grouping 1" at 15 yards.

I'll be sure to post pics when I receive it. Can't wait!

bsem
05-03-12, 16:17
I worried about the same thing, but I haven't been disappointed yet. I haven't shot my M&P at 25 yards, either, though.

BUT I paid $400 for mine used. I then read the threads about them and got a little worried, but after I shot it I wasn't worried. At 50 feet (longest distance at the range I go to) I had no problem hitting inside the 9 ring. Also probably not much reason to shoot at someone further than that in a defensive situation unless you're a cop or something. I have no idea why the guy sold it to the gun store where I got it, he must have taken a huge hit. I've always taken a huge hit on every gun I've sold, though so whatever. I'm guessing he used it to partially pay for another gun (which is what my problem usually is - I'm a broke student so when I want a new gun I have to trade for it).

At $400, though, I wouldn't mind if I needed a new barrel. Might get one anyways. Also keep in mind that since you're in Columbus you could possibly take your gun out to Grant to have a barrel fitted. I think he has a gun store in Ohio somewhere.

I'm also in Columbus as well an OSU student.

JHC
05-03-12, 17:40
David Bowie is the freaking MAN!

Called me today to inform me that my M&P is finished and will be shipping out tomorrow.

He also mentioned that he fired some cheap 9mm through it and it was grouping 1" at 15 yards.

I'll be sure to post pics when I receive it. Can't wait!

Great news! Post a review of how much you love it right?