PDA

View Full Version : Leapers/UTG Rifle Cases for M4

Chickenlittle
12-29-07, 16:22
What do you think about Leapers/UTG rifle cases. I've been looking at two:
PVC-MC38B which is 38 inches long, called their Homeland Security Case and
PVC AD33B which is 33 inches long, not quite as fancy as the MC38B.
My question is how well a 33 inch M4 with collapsible stock would fit in the shorter one vs the extra five inches of length, more features and more price of the MC38B?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Chickenlittle
"Yes, the sky is falling"

Harv
12-29-07, 17:32
What do you think about Leapers/UTG rifle cases.

well.... since you asked...

I think they are cheap pieces of Chinese poo that will fall apart with moderate use over the course of a few years and you would be better served spending a little more and getting an Eagle case which will last you a lifetime.
I have 1 Eagle case and one Assault systems case that are both close to 20 yrs old.. and the Assault case broke a Zipper this year.. and they replaced it for free.. now I'm good for another 20 years...

I highly doubt that you will get that level of wear or service out of Leapers....

since you asked.....;)

oh yea.. the PVC in the description... that's Polyvinyl Chloride which is a very cheap man made plastic similar to vinyl that will crack and tear over time as it oxidize due to Ozone/light,etc... You cheap Chinese and Russian made RPG pouch's are good examples ....

graffex
12-29-07, 17:51
Leapers = Trash

DBautista
12-29-07, 18:04
UTG...

A local gunshop that I frequent carries the UTG line. The other day I was looking for a simple pistol rug, I saw the UTG rug, then I saw the Bagmaster rug. They seemed to look/feel about the same, but there was one huge difference. The Bagmaster rug is made in St. Louis, MO and 10 bucks more. Ten bucks might seem alot to some people, but if 10 bucks will help an American worker to eat/have health benefits/have a retirement, I am for it. I bought it. The bag holds a Glock 19, 4 mags, and an AAC suppressor fine.

Check out the Bagmaster website, it also has rifle cases priced in the range of 70 big ones!

threefeathers
12-30-07, 11:32
I've broken zippers on two UTG bags. One a tactical M-4 the other a pistol range bag. I still use both but just to protect guns in storage. My go to bag is a iShot. Save up and get one that will last.

rmecapn
12-31-07, 11:35
well.... since you asked...

the Assault case broke a Zipper this year.. and they replaced it for free.. now I'm good for another 20 years...

My Assault Systems case did last about 20 years before it blew out a seam. Unfortunately, I haven't had the same good fortune to have them respond to my email to see if I could get it repaired.