PDA

View Full Version : Tuckable AIWB holsters?

Cazwell
03-15-12, 17:58
I purchased a High Noon "Alter Ego" several years ago, and it was my first Appendix carry holster. I like it a lot, but sometimes it "moves" a little more than I would like, as a result of how they designed the tuckable feature.

I have a had a couple now for CZ's and M&P's and am looking for one for a Kahr K9, and though maybe I would try something different.

Looking for suggestions. Holster will be worn on weekends with plan clothes, untucked T-shirts etc. But through the week at work it will be worn with shirt tucked in, slacks and a tie...

I looked at pics of the Joab and Ehud, but am guessing the two light colored Kydex hooks would be kinda obvious?

Suggestions appreciated.

Lucky Strike
03-15-12, 20:09
I purchased a High Noon "Alter Ego" several years ago, and it was my first Appendix carry holster. I like it a lot, but sometimes it "moves" a little more than I would like, as a result of how they designed the tuckable feature.

I have a had a couple now for CZ's and M&P's and am looking for one for a Kahr K9, and though maybe I would try something different.

Looking for suggestions. Holster will be worn on weekends with plan clothes, untucked T-shirts etc. But through the week at work it will be worn with shirt tucked in, slacks and a tie...

I looked at pics of the Joab and Ehud, but am guessing the two light colored Kydex hooks would be kinda obvious?

Suggestions appreciated.

Look at RKBA Leather....He's made an AIWB holster for my JFrame and is currently making one for my Kahr CM9. He can modify the clip location to wherever you want to aid in your personal AIWB "sweet spot".

I spec'd out the clip location on my jframe holster and he put it exactly where i wanted it. It's my most concealable setup.

SeriousStudent
03-15-12, 20:11
I have a pocket J-frame holster from RKBA Leather, and it has held up very well after three years of use. He does solid work at a good price.

bdcheung
03-15-12, 22:02
Also check out JRC Holsters: http://jrcholsters.com/holsters/inside-the-waistband (scroll to the very bottom)

ETA: Oh and also the Dale Fricke Joab: http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/products.htm

Cazwell
03-16-12, 00:55
Look at RKBA Leather....He's made an AIWB holster for my JFrame and is currently making one for my Kahr CM9. He can modify the clip location to wherever you want to aid in your personal AIWB "sweet spot".

I spec'd out the clip location on my jframe holster and he put it exactly where i wanted it. It's my most concealable setup.

Wow, his prices are pretty dang good. $40-$60 bucks for leather? That's great.

Did you have a complete custom holster done, or did you order an IWB and just have him make slight alterations?

His Tuckable IWB Compact model looks like a zero cant that would work for AIWB... depend on it's ride height. I'll have to shoot him an email. He only has the Kahr the P9 listed, but I think the dimensions are the same for the K9.

Thanks for all the responses.

Lucky Strike
03-16-12, 14:17
basically just clip location alterations (offset and at a location for deep carry) off his current design at the time.

Yojimbo
03-16-12, 14:30
The Raven Concealment Van Guard 2 is tuckable. It works great for A-IWB, you may want check it out.

Cazwell
03-16-12, 16:38
The Raven Concealment Van Guard 2 is tuckable. It works great for A-IWB, you may want check it out.

Very interesting. I haven't seen that before. The last RC holster I looked at was called the ACR I think. Thanks for mentioning this.

1milkman
03-16-12, 17:33
The only bad thing about the vanguard 2 is reholstering

Cazwell
03-16-12, 17:56
The only bad thing about the vanguard 2 is reholstering

Yea, I wouldn't want to try and use it at a class. Neat idea for conceal carry though. How stable is it?

1milkman
03-16-12, 18:32
I have not played with one yet but should be just as stable as any other IWB holster. The IWB loop is also adjustable for cant, so you can get it exactly how you like it.

mikejg
03-16-12, 18:59
The vanguard 2 has taken over as my primary carry holster. It is surprisingly stable and ultra concealable. For $40 I would definitely give it a shot.

Also, it is not made as a training holster. Meaning one should not try to reholster while wearing the VG2 as per the RCS literature. Just unsnap it, click it back in pistol, and put it back on belt.

Cazwell
03-16-12, 20:16
Where does one order it? I didn't see it on their website...

How does it rate in terms of comfort (particularly when sitting in a car/at a desk) compared to other kydex holsters or leather?

Thanks everyone.

mikejg
03-16-12, 21:06
I got one when they had the pre-order. I don't think they're up yet on the site. It is fairly comfortable. Since it's so minimal it's basically just havin the pistol tucked in your belt but it has the stability of the belt loop.

Cazwell
03-17-12, 00:26
I got one when they had the pre-order. I don't think they're up yet on the site. It is fairly comfortable. Since it's so minimal it's basically just havin the pistol tucked in your belt but it has the stability of the belt loop.

Hmmm... I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on their site. Thanks for the info.

stmcelroy
03-17-12, 23:35

You should have that holster on Monday or Tuesday. You got the horse hide upgrade on this one, love working with it.

I'm going to work on an AIWB specific holster with a reinforced mouth that will be available as either a tuckable or non-tuckable holster. It will be done in horse hide for rigidity and moisture resistance. It will also be priced very competitively.

Might also look into doing a kydex version, since I have just recently added kydex holsters to my lineup.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/stmcelroy/Kydex%20Holsters/IMG_9664.jpg