PDA

View Full Version : More accurate??????

charlesnchar9e
03-16-12, 20:17
Which would be more accurate? RRA predator pursuit or
Building a upper using a Rainier Arms match 223 wylde barrel.
I will b shooting handloads.

Alaskapopo
03-16-12, 20:35

There is no way to answer that. It depends on the luck of the draw with the barrels you get and which loads you end up making etc.
Pat

Wake27
03-17-12, 00:57
There is no way to answer that. It depends on the luck of the draw with the barrels you get and which loads you end up making etc.
Pat

Yeah that's not really a viable question to answer...

BCmJUnKie
03-17-12, 01:04
I think the SHOOTER is the deciding factor

Casull
03-17-12, 03:16
Wylde barrels tend to be said to be a good option for precision. So many other factors matter, however. The fact you're doing hand loads will mean you ave to consider the chamber size ect... - you don't want a ka-boom or other failure I'm sure you realize.

I'd go with the Rainier by virtue of the fact they're more on the mil-spec side of the spectrum which can be nice.

However, if you want something really nice, go with a Noveske or Centurion Arms barrel. They're getting awesome results.

mtrmn
03-17-12, 09:26

Either one would outshoot my abilities....

Alaskapopo
03-17-12, 13:28
Either one would outshoot my abilities....

It does not work that way. Both you and the gun are two factors independant in the end accuracy results. The gun can't out shoot you and vice versa. If your able to hold 1moa with a laser and the gun is a 2 moa shooter your groups will be around 3 moa.
Pat

mtrmn
03-17-12, 13:50
It does not work that way. Both you and the gun are two factors independant in the end accuracy results. The gun can't out shoot you and vice versa. If your able to hold 1moa with a laser and the gun is a 2 moa shooter your groups will be around 3 moa.
Pat

We're both saying about the same thing in different ways. To illustrate, I have a Colt 20" rifle with "match, target, competition" wrote on the side of it that I can use to put 5 rds in a 3/8" group at 100 yds often enough that I know it wasn't just a freak accident....but not often enough that I can predict it-no more than about 20% of the time.
So I KNOW for a fact that gun is capable of very good accuracy, probably even better if the human element is removed-like in a machine rest or something. I just can't keep my abilities together enough to utilize that accuracy potential consistently-therefore I consider the gun to be able to "outshoot me."

LowandLeft
03-17-12, 14:38
I do not know a lot about the RRA barrel, but I did recently purchase a custom upper from Rainier. I was considering buying the Rainier Match in 14.5 and asked the rep there about them. He said that they are pretty much the exact same barrel as the WOA, but with a different twist rate (WOA 1:7 to 1:8 in the Rainier). They were sold out of the Rainier barrel, so I "settled" on a Noveske :dirol: