PDA

View Full Version : Well its been proven, the AK is better than the M16

sinlessorrow
03-17-12, 12:42
Or thats whatthe russians seem to believe with their propaganda.

Hopeully this has not been posted before, i looked but couldnt find anything and i just love this video

Also note the user comments.

M16 cant handle it (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc3_1331925091)

Javelin
03-17-12, 13:03
Well that settles it for me.

I'm going to be selling all of my ARs now. :p

DeltaSierra
03-17-12, 13:10
The whole AK vs. AR debate is ridiculous. Each rifle has its own set of issues - neither one has reached perfection yet...

The Russians are biased towards their rifle, much like Americans are biased towards their rifle.

There is no difference between some untrained bean-counters in Russia having a hard time operating an M16, and some untrained bean-counters in the US claiming that the AK is a totally inaccurate piece of junk.....

sinlessorrow
03-17-12, 13:21
The whole AK vs. AR debate is ridiculous. Each rifle has its own set of issues - neither one has reached perfection yet...

The Russians are biased towards their rifle, much like Americans are biased towards their rifle.

There is no difference between some untrained bean-counters in Russia having a hard time operating an M16, and some untrained bean-counters in the US claiming that the AK is a totally inaccurate piece of junk.....

Lighten up Francis.

I posted this because i found the video funny. Pitting a brand new Al-74M against a vietnam era M16 was comical to me.

Redhat
03-17-12, 13:52
Ah the good old days of the Cold War. Surprised the didn't have Putin himself doing the comparison...probably out bear hunting with his favorite knife.

Notice the didn't have an accuracy comparison :sarcastic:

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-17-12, 15:49
Lighten up Francis.

I posted this because i found the video funny. Pitting a brand new Al-74M against a vietnam era M16 was comical to me.

Are you sure they aren't the Bushmasters that they recovered from the Georgians a few years ago? :D

That's all nice. Who won the cold war again?

usmcvet
03-17-12, 16:38
What the heck was the second guy with the A1 shooting at, low flying birds? Pisses me off to think where they got the Fing A1.

kmrtnsn
03-17-12, 16:40
Ah the good old days of the Cold War. Surprised the didn't have Putin himself doing the comparison...probably out bear hunting with his favorite knife.

Notice the didn't have an accuracy comparison :sarcastic:

...without a shirt

GTifosi
03-17-12, 16:41

Good thing it was just a cold war though.
If it had been hot they'd have the AK, we'd have the M16, and the proof above shows how screwed we'd have really been!

At least we have M1A1s to do the heavy work 'cause I hear the T72 and T80 really kick ass on the modern battlefield.
I mean all those that I saw were quickly shot full of holes at a rate of about 7 a minute, but certainly they are worthwhile against goats and camels and cows and sheep...

PrivateCitizen
03-17-12, 16:56
The comments are even better than a TOS thread of awesome.

sinlessorrow
03-17-12, 17:04
Are you sure they aren't the Bushmasters that they recovered from the Georgians a few years ago? :D

The Bushmasters recovered were M4's.

This video shows the AK won the cold war. Because of this video all of my AR's have officially gone into the garbage!

Heavy Metal
03-17-12, 17:10
I love how that one Russian starts palming the forward assist without even knowing what is wrong with the rifle or even looking to see if the bolt is forward or not. It was as if he EXPECTED the rifle to fail. I strongly suspect the rifle was sabotaged for the video.

DeltaSierra
03-17-12, 17:13
The Bushmasters recovered were M4's.

And I might add that those M4s were rapidly turned into the most beautiful Bushmasters I have ever seen - torched into a mass of weapons with the handguards/stocks dripping off onto the ground... :D

Heavy Metal
03-17-12, 17:59
And I might add that those M4s were rapidly turned into the most beautiful Bushmasters I have ever seen - torched into a mass of weapons with the handguards/stocks dripping off onto the ground... :D

Actually, the Georgians burned those to prevent capture. There are a bunch that were captured and there a pics of the Russians carrying them!

Mauser KAR98K
03-17-12, 19:53
"I know, lets give it to Mongo!" :D

It sure looks like the A1 Sporter Century uses.

Jellybean
03-17-12, 22:21
........To sum up, the AK-47 is designed to fight and win wars in the harsh environments where wars actually occur, while the M-16 is a staple of tacticool poseurs and the few serious target shooters who use gas carbines.

....daniel defense specializes in making and marketing items for the ar15 and m4 type rifles. very biased, because why would any company give themselves or their products a bad review.

The russians were doing military testing, as in real life scenarios, and they performed test on numerous weapons systems. the m16 sucked balls, get over it. lol @bury an m4, who does that. lmao

There is a reason US soldiers abandoned their issued rifles for AKs.

Well damn! Guess I better junk my AR immediately, seeing as how I can't win a war with this DI piece of plastic crap.... :haha:
Morons....

DeltaSierra
03-17-12, 22:21
Actually, the Georgians burned those to prevent capture. There are a bunch that were captured and there a pics of the Russians carrying them!

I have seen some photos of what the Russians did with at least some of the Bushmasters they captured, and they weren't carrying them, to say the least.

Obviously, they may have carried some of them for a while, but they did torch a bunch according to the photos I have seen.

sinlessorrow
03-17-12, 22:42
Well damn! Guess I better junk my AR immediately, seeing as how I can't win a war with this DI piece of plastic crap.... :haha:
Morons....

the masses have spoken, now we know why so many soldiers ditch their M4's on some iraq road to pick up some dead guys AK

Jellybean
03-17-12, 22:56
the masses have spoken, now we know why so many soldiers ditch their M4's on some iraq road to pick up some dead guys AK

Plus, you can always refill your ammo by just walking over a couple other dead guys!

usmcvet
03-17-12, 23:04
It worked for Patrick Swazey.

SteyrAUG
03-17-12, 23:57
Glad that has been resolved, has anyone let TOS know?

DeltaSierra
03-18-12, 00:26

LOL...

I think that is signature line material right there...:D

SW-Shooter
03-18-12, 04:07
I spent quite a few months at Graf and Hohenhells (Hohenfels), Area Mud, and other training locations while stationed in Germany. I remember bitter cold winters shooting at the small arms ranges, I never had any issues with A2's no matter how cold or wet it got. It's all about PM and keeping the monster(s) cleaned and lubed. I hear a lot today about how mad M60's and M2's are overseas but being in both Europe and the desert I personally never saw a failure that wasn't attributed to improper maintenance.

Heavy Metal
03-18-12, 11:40

TOS decided a couple weeks ago to put all their AKs in a Garbage Can.

Google: The official, AKs belong in a garbage can thread.

GeorgiaBoy
03-18-12, 11:42
The comments on that video are hilarious... Lots of Internet gun experts.

sinlessorrow
03-18-12, 11:48
TOS decided a couple weeks ago to put all their AKs in a Garbage Can.

Google: The official, AKs belong in a garbage can thread.

That was a great thread

Heavy Metal
03-18-12, 12:06
Admit it, you were just waiting for 7N6 to show up!

sinlessorrow
03-18-12, 12:25
Admit it, you were just waiting for 7N6 to show up!

Bwhahhaha.

Man im telling you nothing would have made me happier than to see him show up.

Hes the AK expert who also believes the AR belongs in the garbage!