PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Eberlestock Halftrack

Battle*Hound
03-17-12, 14:58
Looking for Eberlestock Halftrack. I was just hoping you may be able to point me to a great location to purchase a pack from. Thanks

Mac5.56
03-18-12, 11:37
I purchased my bag directly from the company, and it wasn't a problem at all.

Battle*Hound
03-18-12, 14:41
I purchased my bag directly from the company, and it wasn't a problem at all.

Thanks...yeah it's interesting because usually prices are cheaper anywhere other than the manuf. but in this case it seems to be the same all the way around.

How do you like your new pack? Which one? Color?

Battle*Hound
03-18-12, 15:01
I just read that this pack is made in Vietnam. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like a lot of cash for something made in nam.:confused:

Battle*Hound
03-18-12, 15:18
Confirmed Vietnam. Doesn't mean it's not any good but it makes me hesitant.:(

the_master_midget
03-18-12, 23:37
I use promotive they have eberlestock packs. you have to be active leo, mil, fire, or pro outdoorsman to get the discounts but I use it a ton for goods for a substantial discount.

Mac5.56
03-21-12, 00:16
I have the G4 Operator. I am pretty sure that when I purchased it the pack was made in the U.S., that was one of the the selling points for me. It's a great pack, I have used it extensively. My only complaint is it is a bit heavy as a pack goes. What it has to offer is awesome, but as an avid outdoorsman I would have scaled down a few of the features to save a bit on overall weight.

Battle*Hound
03-21-12, 19:37
I have the G4 Operator. I am pretty sure that when I purchased it the pack was made in the U.S., that was one of the the selling points for me. It's a great pack, I have used it extensively. My only complaint is it is a bit heavy as a pack goes. What it has to offer is awesome, but as an avid outdoorsman I would have scaled down a few of the features to save a bit on overall weight.

thanks for the info

Battle*Hound
03-23-12, 22:17
So i am thinking of purchasing a Halftrack. There is very little user info/reviews on this gear. Anyone have anything to add about this pack? What about Eberlestock...I assumed they had quality products. Come on fellas, I need help getting over the hump on this purchase.:confused:

RocketSauce
03-25-12, 20:04
I have one that I got a couple of years ago. What questions do you have?

My impressions of it are that it's well-made, durable, heavy, and doesn't have as much room as a similarly sized civilian pack. I've taken it camping, hiking, and on some road trips. I treat it pretty poorly, throwing it around, because I know it will take it without issue.

What will be its intended use?

1911Gunner
03-25-12, 20:09
My halftrack has been gtg. I have it loaded with bug out supplies, very well balanced, the internal frame is very comfortable. Overall, the pack is very well made.

Norseman
03-26-12, 14:29
Don't have the Halftrack but my Gunslinger II has been pretty much bomb proof for the year and a half that I have owned it. I have used it quite a bit for numerous things in all kinds of weather and has even been stomped on by a horse (long story) and has held up very well.

Battle*Hound
03-26-12, 19:05
Alright!! This is good info. I just wanted to know if others were confident in the quality of this pack.

Battle*Hound
03-26-12, 19:09
I have one that I got a couple of years ago. What questions do you have?

My impressions of it are that it's well-made, durable, heavy, and doesn't have as much room as a similarly sized civilian pack. I've taken it camping, hiking, and on some road trips. I treat it pretty poorly, throwing it around, because I know it will take it without issue.

What will be its intended use?

The pack will be for hiking, camping and likely just be a ready bag. Really will likely contain items on a full time basis. Just a place to keep certain things that need to be portable. First aid, emergency survival gear type stuff.

Battle*Hound
03-26-12, 19:11
My halftrack has been gtg. I have it loaded with bug out supplies, very well balanced, the internal frame is very comfortable. Overall, the pack is very well made.

Does it hold everything you intended? Basically I'm asking would u go bigger if you had it to do again?

Tortuga
04-04-12, 17:32
I picked up Terminator via Promotive. Ran most of the winter with it. For the price it's pretty nice. A bit heavy, but for the sake of being bomb-proof.

Battle*Hound
04-04-12, 18:14
I just can't pull the trigger on one of these....not sure what the hell to buy but it needs to be 3k to 4k ci

CarterPewterschmidt
05-01-12, 09:34
you could give me a call. I am an Eberlestock dealer, and i have several in stock, unfortunately no halftrack, and i could give you prices.

Troy B. Freeman
Outside Sales Rep
Lawmen's & Shooters' Supply, Inc.
Vero Beach, FL 32968
(772)569-8700 x150
tfreeman@lawmens.net

Trajan
05-03-12, 11:51
I use the halftrack as a range bag (with my AR split inside), and it holds everything I need. Holds up well for what I use it for. Plan to start rucking with it soon, so we will see. Its a quite comfortable pack though. 60 pounds feels like 40 pounds.

Battle*Hound
05-03-12, 19:59
I really need to to pull the trigger on one of these. I keep looking at them but havent' bought yet. I think if it was another 500 to 700 ci...it would be a done deal. The G4 weighs in at 10 lbs and that is just too much.

Jaysop
05-09-12, 01:15
I picked up Terminator via Promotive. Ran most of the winter with it. For the price it's pretty nice. A bit heavy, but for the sake of being bomb-proof.

I know your post is a little old. Whats the promotive MIL pricing for the halftrack or gunslinger 2?

Battle*Hound
07-01-12, 22:11
Alright so I still have not pulled the trigger on the Halftrack. It just isn't quite big enough but I can't find anything affordable that suits my needs. Basically, I want 4000 ci with molle. But I just can't spend kifaru money. Needs to be under $300. I can get the Eberlestock Destroyer for $305 but honestly the quality on that pack is not impressive from what I've seen.
So, I found a great price on the Halftrack and was thinking of adding a smaller pack to it. Basically piggy backed.

I was thinking of the http://www.tacticaltailor.com/packs_bags/packs/removable-operator-pack or the http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Kodiak-S-Type-Gearslinger-12p1598.htm

I like these options because the bags could also be used as stand alone. How the secondary bag attaches is not a concern for the most part. I believe I could make either of these bags work. Do you guys have any other ideas? Another concern...if one of these bags was attached firmly, and weighed 6lbs., how badly would it effect the balance of the total load? Any input is appreciated!!

Jaysop
07-01-12, 23:31
If you want a kifaru head over to thier forum's "trading post" I'm sure you can find something you want really quick be it an older G1 or a G2 someone needs to unload for cash. Check in regularly because things only last a few min there at times.