PDA

View Full Version : DIAS Blueprints

rcpd34
03-17-12, 15:53
I am looking for a reputable source for DIAS blueprints. I found some on the internet, but am unsure if they are correct. I am an 07/02 FFL/SOT.

Thanks.

fixit69
03-17-12, 18:46
Man, if you want me to be completely honest, your better off with the full auto parts kit. Just drill the third pin. Save yourself a lot of time and bullshit hassle trying to get that thing to angle correctly.
If you have your SOT this should be a no brainer. The DIAS is cool in theory but a pain in the ass sometimes in the real world.

rcpd34
03-17-12, 19:25
Man, if you want me to be completely honest, your better off with the full auto parts kit. Just drill the third pin. Save yourself a lot of time and bullshit hassle trying to get that thing to angle correctly.
If you have your SOT this should be a no brainer. The DIAS is cool in theory but a pain in the ass sometimes in the real world.

I already have some postie M16 lowers. I want the DIAS for temporary use on some lowers I don't want to mill & drill.

Reagans Rascals
03-17-12, 19:32
I am looking for a reputable source for DIAS blueprints. I found some on the internet, but am unsure if they are correct. I am an 07/02 FFL/SOT.

Thanks.

I have prints and CAD files I've found online

may be the same ones you've previously found though

http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/dias_assembly.pdf
http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/dias_housing.pdf
http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/dias.pdf

I understand the convenience of just throwing in a DIAS instead of having to completely alter the host receiver to install a sear pin hole, however; I personally feel the convenience is lost because of the shimming required to time the DIAS.... its going to have to be shimmed to each individual upper/lower its utilized within in order to time it correctly... shimming the DIAS itself limits it to one host, shimming the weapons themselves leaves the weapons altered, granted not as severely as a full sear job, but altered none the less..... just things I've picked up over the years....

I've thought about maybe creating a DIAS and installing set screws in the front and rear bottom, both sides, and rear... then to time it you just simply adjust the set screws for that weapon system, use a .83 gauge to time while riding the BCG home... once its good you're all set, then you can simply just pull it out and repeat the same quick process with another host...

just food for thought

rcpd34
03-17-12, 20:02
I did find those, but was unsure of the accuracy; thanks. Have you ever built one using those plans? If you ever decide to create a sear like you described, let me know and I'll buy one.

Mongo
03-18-12, 09:35
Some one should be shot for using yellow on a white background.

When I owned a RDIAS years ago I would glue the shims to the upper rear lug. The shims I made from plastic so I could adjust them easily. Once adjusted you can swap the sear around without any issues of timing.

DaveC
03-18-12, 16:26
Not sure how much time and cost you will have invested but, DAW in Missouri manufactures an excellent all steel Post 86 DIAS.

rcpd34
03-18-12, 22:05
Not sure how much time and cost you will have invested but, DAW in Missouri manufactures an excellent all steel Post 86 DIAS.

Do you have any contact info?

Thanks.

FrostyEOD
03-21-12, 10:53
Do you have any contact info?

Thanks.

D A W
Licensee Name: Wagenknecht, Don Austin
554 N Hwy 65
Lincoln, MO 65338
Phone: 660-547-3068