PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Zero Point Boresighter = Frustrating

crowell33
03-17-12, 16:12
Has anyone ever used one of these?

I just bought this thing to sight my Vortex scope, and I'm having a wee bit of problem. Then again, it could just be me, too. :)

Take a look at the picture. I followed the directions to a "T" and got the Zero Point centered in the scope. However, when looking through the scope at the grid to align the crosshairs, it's saying I have to move the windage 110 clicks. When I do that, you can plainly see the crosshairs are "off." Below is the picture after I've moved the crosshairs in-line with the grid. As you can see, it's not right.

Any ideas? Anyone ever used one? I though maybe my scope might be off or something, but I checked the level on the top and the side and it's definitely straight.

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n584/crowell33/b8a2be67.jpg

MAUSER202
03-19-12, 23:44
Did you shoot it yet? I don't know what you mean with your pic, but I just center mine in the scope and adjust the cross hairs to the center circle and I am on paper at 100yds ever time. Then all I do is shoot a 3 shot group from a sled, hold point of aim, and have someone adjust the cross hairs to the center of the group.

NWPilgrim
03-20-12, 00:18
Could be you are looking through the scope at an angle? Unlike a red dot, where your eye is aligned behind the scope is critical, a small movement can change the point of aim, or whether the crosshairs align to nominal point of aim.

I have one of those and it is pretty crude, just to get you on paper really. I would double check with a bore sighting. I found a laser bore sighter to be more helpful. But both a still just to get close enough for fine tuning with actual shooting.