PDA

View Full Version : Glock connector swap question

Serpico1985
03-17-12, 16:54
I recently noticed this and am wondering if others have. I swapped the stock connector on my gen 4 17 with a Lone wolf 3.5 connector. I have noticed that with the lone wolf part there is noticably more force required to retract the slide to the rear. By force I mean the intial force to "break" for lack of a better word, the slide out of battery. It is much smoother with the stock connector. Is this normal? Could it be affecting preformance?

Thanks for any info.

davidz71
03-17-12, 20:20
When you put the new trigger connector in, did you try sliding a piece of paper between the connector body and the connector. It should have some resistance as you slide the paper through. I noticed the same thing with part of the connector rubbing against the slide when I installed a 3.5 lb. Ghost Rocket connector. I had to do some minor adjustment but there was still some drag. My daughter and I just put another 150 rounds through my model 22 today, making it 350 rounds total after the switch and it seems tobe loosening up.

EzGoingKev
03-17-12, 21:39
Did you install it with a NY spring?

Serpico1985
03-18-12, 02:47
No, stock spring.

davidz, I don't know what your talking about. Whats the connector body? The trigger housing?

Thanks

JonnyVain
03-18-12, 11:56
No, stock spring.

davidz, I don't know what your talking about. Whats the connector body? The trigger housing?

Thanks
The connector is shaped like an L. The long part that sticks up and makes contact with the trigger bar sometimes needs to be adjusted, bent in or out. Yours probably needs bent in. If you bend it in too far, it will not "break" at all and the gun will not function. Then bend it back out.

Serpico1985
03-18-12, 12:52
JonnyVain,

Thanks. I got that tip from another member via PM.

davidz71, I now see what your talking about.

I pulled the trigger housing out and looked at it with both the stock connector installed as well as the lone wolf part. The lone wolf part sat at a different able compared to the stock part. After bending it, it now sits more snugly against the housing. And now the slide cycles smoother. Thanks to all who helped.

davidz71
03-18-12, 21:53
Glad to see that you got it adjusted. I kept eyeballing the slightly different angle of the Ghost Rocket replacement vs. the Glock part and finally got mine adjusted just right. Go shoot the heck out of it now and have fun.

JHC
03-19-12, 10:55
I noticed the same increase in force required to "break" the slide back with the LWD minus connector. But I don't really track with what is the downside of that increase in required force? It isn't anything that would impair functioning manually or otherwise. I suspect this is a benign side affect of the unique design of the LWD to provide the trigger pull they were after while insuring reliable function (reset).