PDA

View Full Version : HK Night Sights

St.Michael
03-18-12, 01:25
Ok guys simple question. Looking at getting some put on the USP 9mm full sized. I need info on some of em. I ran trijicons on my Glocks. Those were nice. I am thinking of swapping to the dot over dot. Any reasons why that would be a shitty change over? I am one of those "likes to train on one system" type of guys so this is a pretty big question and decision. I haven't shot too many dot over dot sights in the past.

plaskon
03-18-12, 10:39
I say buy em and try it. It's the only way to know what works best for you.

Plus, you can always find a buyer here if you don't like them.

Wolvee
03-18-12, 11:45
I made the transition to straight 8's and I shoot a lot better than I did with three dot sights. I think it's because of the thinner front blade.

I wish they made trijicon HD's for my HK's, I think those are the best on the market.

You'll adapt to whatever sight you get and once you get some time under your belt with X-brands of sights you'll be able to see what you like most. Unfortunatly I don't think there is any cheap way to find out what you like. I paid $150 for my Heinies and then another $30 for install. ..thankfully my shooting was improved or I would have been pretty pissy, lol.

loupav
03-18-12, 12:07
Yup! I use Heinine straight-8's on my HK45's and wow! What a great sight.

But on my USPs I have yet to switch over to Straight-8's, so I still have Mepro's on them, which were the factory option. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the Mepro's. I think they're an excellent sight and I can hit what I'm aiming at with them. You however may have a different opinion and that's fine with me.

Personally I think Mepro = Trijicon. However I have yet to try the Trijicon HD sights.

St.Michael
03-18-12, 14:16
Decisions Decisions. On the up side I never get upset getting to pick new options out for my "big boy toys". I really am just going to have to stare at this and I guess decide based on that

Wolvee
03-18-12, 14:22
Decisions Decisions. On the up side I never get upset getting to pick new options out for my "big boy toys". I really am just going to have to stare at this and I guess decide based on that

Use black marker or black tape to cover the rear dots and use a dap of white out in the center.

The front blade will be thicker than Heinies but it should at least give you an idea of what you'll be working with.

St.Michael
03-18-12, 14:39
Nice! I like that idea. I will go try it in a few. Still not sure where I am gonna have this done. I have to send another one of my USPS to have it checked out and probably will send it over to HK CS.