PDA

View Full Version : redacted

VooDoo6Actual
03-18-12, 11:43
redacted.

GTifosi
03-18-12, 15:36
Wonderful.
That's a lot of words to plow through BTW.

Instead of calling it National Defense Resources Preparedness why didn't they call it what it really means: Order allowing us to monitor, reappropriate,reallocate, consume, resell, or otherwise utilize in any manner we see fit everything from the seeds in your home garden shed to public and private industry, personal property, and anything else we can think of under the guise of national security.

Your well water is safe though, as long as its not actually put in containers that could be used for storage, distrubution, transport or sale.

Nice to see the slipped the Sec. of Economy in there as one of the persons allowed to activate the 'NDER'.
Break the economy or make sure things go poorly and that person, among about 17 others, is given authority to pretty much declare a scenario simular to WWII rationing. Only this time its everything under the sun as long as its on the continent, not just certain items like it was then.

Pleased to see they threw in a 'or in aid to foreign nations' clause.
Nice to know that if the gov't decides to help (pick any hotspot and insert it here) the commitee(s) can enact the policies of this order.

The short of it?
Its ****ing disturbing, underhanded and a blatant play for full on gov't control of the whole ball of wax.

DeltaSierra
03-18-12, 16:14
I just glanced through the text on the .gov site.

First the Patriot Act, then NDAA, now this.

Bush signed a very similar EO before he left office - I can't remember the number, but it pertained to the seizure of privately owned vehicles - I guess this is just building on what Bush did.....

Eurodriver
03-18-12, 17:03
I just glanced through the text on the .gov site.

First the Patriot Act, then NDAA, now this.

Bush signed a very similar EO before he left office - I can't remember the number, but it pertained to the seizure of privately owned vehicles - I guess this is just building on what Bush did.....

Of course it is.

...but no one wants a President Paul so it will continue.

DeltaSierra
03-18-12, 17:56
Of course it is.

...but no one wants a President Paul so it will continue.

Yep....

I wish it weren't true, but what can you do - people like to blame the "other guy" (in this case the other political party) for the worlds problems, not realizing that their "own" party set the stage for the latest legislation...

Sensei
03-18-12, 20:42
Wonderful.
That's a lot of words to plow through BTW.

Instead of calling it National Defense Resources Preparedness why didn't they call it what it really means: Order allowing us to monitor, reappropriate,reallocate, consume, resell, or otherwise utilize in any manner we see fit everything from the seeds in your home garden shed to public and private industry, personal property, and anything else we can think of under the guise of national security.

In what section are you reading this? I've read it twice and I can't find anything that describes what you are saying. I see where it allows various cabnet positions to redirect and resource government contracts to procure items vital to our natural interest (duh), but nothing resembling government seizure. The OP's second article even states that the order has nothing to do with the seizure of private property; it's basically a re-write of a similar order from 18 years ago.

I'm not saying that it is completely benign, but could someone please direct me to the most egregious sections? Thanks

Eurodriver
03-18-12, 20:55
Yep....

I wish it weren't true, but what can you do - people like to blame the "other guy" (in this case the other political party) for the worlds problems, not realizing that their "own" party set the stage for the latest legislation...

Could you imagine what all of the Pro-Romney/Newt folks on this forum would have done if Al Gore created the DHS and Patriot Act?

But Bush did it. So its ok.

glocktogo
03-18-12, 21:30
Could you imagine what all of the Pro-Romney/Newt folks on this forum would have done if Al Gore created the DHS and Patriot Act?

But Bush did it. So its ok.

No it's not. Bush did a lot of things poorly, those are merely two examples.

GTifosi
03-19-12, 01:16
A few quick ones
201 4 def: 801 a
201 1 def: 801 e
308 a

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-19-12, 01:22
Yep....

We get it. The Obama admin isnt bad because Bush did it too. Its about time you get off the liberal soapbox.

a1fabweld
03-19-12, 02:43
We get it. The Obama admin isnt bad because Bush did it too. Its about time you get off the liberal soapbox.

^This.

Abraxas
03-19-12, 09:16

Yep. I never understood why just because the other guy did it is any kind or excuse.

Eurodriver
03-19-12, 13:39

You've got it backwards homie.

He's saying both parties are bad.

But don't worry, Romney will be different...LOL

Javelin
03-19-12, 14:15
Just another sign of the times.

:D

Irish
03-19-12, 14:51
Private property rights would seem to be an issue at first glance:

Sect. 201 (4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;

Definition: 801 (a) "Civil transportation" includes movement of persons and property by all modes of transportation in interstate, intrastate, or foreign commerce within the United States, its territories and possessions, and the District of Columbia, and related public storage and warehousing, ports, services, equipment and facilities, such as transportation carrier shop and repair facilities. "Civil transportation" also shall include direction, control, and coordination of civil transportation capacity regardless of ownership. "Civil transportation" shall not include transportation owned or controlled by the Department of Defense, use of petroleum and gas pipelines, and coal slurry pipelines used only to supply energy production facilities directly.

201 (1) (1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;

Definition: 801 (e) "Food resources" means all commodities and products, (simple, mixed, or compound), or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being ingested by either human beings or animals, irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for human or animal consumption. "Food resources" also means potable water packaged in commercially marketable containers, all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal or marine fats and oils, seed, cotton, hemp, and flax fiber, but does not mean any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.

308 (a) procure and install additional equipment, facilities, processes, or improvements to plants, factories, and other industrial facilities owned by the Federal Government and to procure and install Government owned equipment in plants, factories, or other industrial facilities owned by private persons

DeltaSierra
03-19-12, 22:36

No, you don't get it.

You missed my entire point (or just skipped over it since you didn't like what you heard.)

Go back and re-read what I wrote. If you still don't get it, a constitutional law course is in order...

Sensei
03-19-12, 22:46
Private property rights would seem to be an issue at first glance:

Sect. 201 (4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;

Definition: 801 (a) "Civil transportation" includes movement of persons and property by all modes of transportation in interstate, intrastate, or foreign commerce within the United States, its territories and possessions, and the District of Columbia, and related public storage and warehousing, ports, services, equipment and facilities, such as transportation carrier shop and repair facilities. "Civil transportation" also shall include direction, control, and coordination of civil transportation capacity regardless of ownership. "Civil transportation" shall not include transportation owned or controlled by the Department of Defense, use of petroleum and gas pipelines, and coal slurry pipelines used only to supply energy production facilities directly.

201 (1) (1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;

Definition: 801 (e) "Food resources" means all commodities and products, (simple, mixed, or compound), or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being ingested by either human beings or animals, irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for human or animal consumption. "Food resources" also means potable water packaged in commercially marketable containers, all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal or marine fats and oils, seed, cotton, hemp, and flax fiber, but does not mean any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.

308 (a) procure and install additional equipment, facilities, processes, or improvements to plants, factories, and other industrial facilities owned by the Federal Government and to procure and install Government owned equipment in plants, factories, or other industrial facilities owned by private persons

Thank you for pointing out those sections. I have not problems with the Feds having a coordinated response to national disasters. However, those sections are a significant overreach.