PDA

View Full Version : Battle Comp On DD M4 V1?

Mr.Blue
03-18-12, 18:27
Hello. First time poster, but long time lurker. Quick question: Will a Battle Comp brake fit on my DD? I have no idea what threads my rifle has, but I assume it is standard Mil Spec. Thanks.

DeltaSierra
03-18-12, 18:28
Yup, your Daniel Defense rifle will have 1/2 x 28 threading, and the Battlecomp will go on with no problem whatsoever...

Mr.Blue
03-18-12, 18:33
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've never changed the muzzle device on any of my ARs before, but I hear great things about the Battle Comp.

kartoffel
03-18-12, 18:52
Make sure the wrench you use is thin enough. Most regular open ended wrenches are so wide that they can chew up the crush washer accidentally. A tiny dab of anti-sieze and a thin 3/4" or 19mm wrench is all it takes. If you have access to a bench vise and barrel clamp, you're livin' in luxury.

SteadyUp
03-18-12, 19:31
Make sure the wrench you use is thin enough. Most regular open ended wrenches are so wide that they can chew up the crush washer accidentally. A tiny dab of anti-sieze and a thin 3/4" or 19mm wrench is all it takes. If you have access to a bench vise and barrel clamp, you're livin' in luxury.

Where are you applying the anti-seize?

I just wanted to make it clear that applying anti-seize to the barrel threads wouldn't be a good idea, as most muzzle devices require or recommend a thread locker of some sort be used (Lock-tite or Rocksett, typically).

PRGGodfather
03-18-12, 20:08
Your barrel is threaded 1/2x28, so any 5.56/.223 BattleComp will fit.

As to the issue of anti-seize, we use anti-seize whenever a crush washer is used, to prevent cold-welding in the even you wish to remove it.

If you use a BattleComp 2.0 and anticipate suppressor/silencer use, then we provide a shim kit and ask that you have your gunsmith use Rocksett with it; so your muzzle device doesn't come off with the silencer when you remove it.

If you're not using a silencer, Rocksett is unnecessary, whether using a crush washer, peel washer or shim kit. For clarification purposes, only.

Be safe, and thank you for your interest.

Best,
Alan

SteadyUp
03-18-12, 20:26
Your barrel is threaded 1/2x28, so any 5.56/.223 BattleComp will fit.

As to the issue of anti-seize, we use anti-seize whenever a crush washer is used, to prevent cold-welding in the even you wish to remove it.

If you use a BattleComp 2.0 and anticipate suppressor/silencer use, then we provide a shim kit and ask that you have your gunsmith use Rocksett with it; so your muzzle device doesn't come off with the silencer when you remove it.

If you're not using a silencer, Rocksett is unnecessary, whether using a crush washer, peel washer or shim kit. For clarification purposes, only.

Be safe, and thank you for your interest.

Best,
Alan

Just curious, but where do you apply the anti-seize? Is it actually on the threads, or just on the crush washer itself?

Mr.Blue
03-18-12, 21:40
Thanks for all the responses.

What benefits does a BattleComp 2.0 have over the BattleComp1? It isn't longer, is it?

Thanks.

kartoffel
03-18-12, 22:37
Just curious, but where do you apply the anti-seize? Is it actually on the threads, or just on the crush washer itself?

On the threads. Otherwise, they might seize ;)