PDA

View Full Version : Magpul now a site sponser.

DrDrake
12-30-07, 16:38
Hello everyone, Drake here. Just wanted to say a big thanks to M4carbine.net and to Grant for allowing me to linger here for the last year unscathed. We took a break from our day to day chaos and signed up finally. The Mods and members here have been very friendly and I hope to return the favor by answering any questions you guys have.

I might add that Magpul has a few new policies as far as internet boards are concerned. As most of you know, TOS has been very rough on us this year. There have been dozens of guys with troll accounts that continue to bash us non stop for reasons unknown to me. In addition there are a lot of people who don't understand the complexity of running a successful business and feel that they must criticize our every move. That said, we are not releasing any information on products that may or may not be in the works. We're always looking for new ways to improve on existing products and explore the boundaries of new ideas. This policy is due to the negative comments and behavior of a small percentage of grown men. We are also tightening up our OPSEC due to the fierce competition in the marketplace and recent patent violations.

We plan on being an active part of the boards. Thanks again and feel free to ask questions. I'll help as much as I can.

Drake

Robb Jensen
12-30-07, 16:40
Welcome Drake. I'm glad to see you guys became a sponsor. I look forward to meeting you guys at the Vickers class next year.

Happy New Year,
Robb

SHIVAN
12-30-07, 17:25
This is very good news indeed. Love your gear!!!

rob_s
12-30-07, 17:42
Cool!

Now when you gonna make yellow Pmags to match my visor? Everyone made fun of my orange ones.

:D

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/071216EAGcarbine.jpg

SHIVAN
12-30-07, 17:57
Er, those stealth PMAGS you are sporting in the magwell of the picture above are awesome....

Better than Crye, for sure. :p :p

dubb-1
12-30-07, 18:59
Cool!

Now when you gonna make yellow Pmags to match my visor? Everyone made fun of my orange ones.

:D

Dude, pretty soon that yellow visor will be an orangish-brown...:eek: :D

Hawkeye
12-30-07, 21:52
I cannot tell you how glad I am to see this happen.

C4IGrant
12-31-07, 16:32
Welcome!

C4

vinesr6
12-31-07, 17:04
So....when are you releasing the Ma.....just kidding...Welcome to M4C (as a sponsor).

Mike91A
12-31-07, 17:35
Excellant gear. Looking forward to production UBR. As for your buisness policy I understand and agree . I have had similar experience in my profesion. Keep up the great work .

RogerinTPA
12-31-07, 17:40
Excellent Company! Looking forward to purchasing several of your innovative products (If they ever become available :rolleyes: ) Welcome Aboard!:cool:

Roger

Paulinski
12-31-07, 17:44
Great news. Welcome aboard....

RHR
12-31-07, 18:13
Welcome!

Voodoochild
12-31-07, 18:32
Welcome aboard Magpul I had the pleasure of meeting Drake at the Modern Day Marine exhibit. Solid guy and very cool look forward to all the kick ass gear Magpul will come out with.

bushmasterar15
12-31-07, 18:37
Welcome to the site. Thanks for the great products.

M4arc
12-31-07, 18:51
Coincidently enough I was poking around on TOS this morning and I was completely amazed at the blatant trolling of Magpul threads :mad:

I can assure you that will not happen here ;)

Welcome aboard!

Bulldog1967
12-31-07, 18:53
Thats awesome.Welcome!

Buck
12-31-07, 19:19
Welcome aboard...

DrDrake
12-31-07, 19:51
Coincidently enough I was poking around on TOS this morning and I was completely amazed at the blatant trolling of Magpul threads :mad:

Welcome aboard!

I can't thank you enough Brother.

Impact
12-31-07, 20:24
welcome..lol at your avatar...:D

C4IGrant
01-01-08, 12:58

Welcome aboard!

I am amazed at this as well. It is shame that other boards don't protect companies like they are on here.

C4

rob_s
01-01-08, 14:30
While this is a total hijack, I still find this "protect companies" stance to be an odd one.

Fortunately I don't think Mapul needs much in the way of "protecting".

C4IGrant
01-01-08, 14:51
While this is a total hijack, I still find this "protect companies" stance to be an odd one.

Fortunately I don't think Mapul needs much in the way of "protecting".

Just one reference of what is not allowed on here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=354860

By the term "protected" it is meant that companies are free from the following things:

1. Being trolled by the same members over and over.
2. If the consumer receives a piece of gear that is out of spec and or broken, they are first requested to contact the manufacturer about the issue (instead of starting a thread about it).
3. Safe from other manufacturers trolling them (either under their real name or under a fake screen name).

Manufacturers have enough to do and worry about without having to constantly watch a forum to see if someone (with an agenda) is trying to slander/libel their company for no good reason. Magpul (sadly) is no different and needs to be protected.

C4

DrDrake
01-01-08, 15:34
Keeping track of all of the forums could easily be a 40 hr a week job. Trust me, guys starting rumors and calling us out in public. Gets old real quick. One thread from a joker/troll and my email blows up, phones ring off the hook and I have to deal with misinformation someone tossed up. Mods really help with this issue and the fact that most people here know this is NOT TOS. I like to come to the web to provide info to guys, I'd rather not spend my time putting out fires.

Thanks for the friendly welcome.