PDA

View Full Version : My ALG ACT trigger with JP Yellow springs

blasternank
03-18-12, 22:15
Just thought I'd let everyone know I got the ALG ACT trigger. I installed the JP Yellow springs on it. It is on my 458 Socom. It does have some junk initially when you squeeze it but not too bad. You notice it mainly on the first shot. My pull weights averaged 4 lbs. 14 oz with the JP springs. It honestly feels lighter than that. More like a 4 lb pull because it is a smooth pull except for the initial grit but they have publicized that would be the case. I am using cci 350 large magnum primers and have had zero failure to fires with the lighter springs. All have had good strikes on the primers so I am happy with it. I prefer a lighter trigger pull but with it being polished up you don't notice it like you would on a regular trigger with the same pull weight. I think most people would enjoy this trigger set up. Easy install.

ucrt
03-18-12, 22:27

Does the ALG trigger come supplied with springs?

SomeOtherGuy
03-18-12, 22:30

Does the ALG trigger come supplied with springs?

Yes, they do come with all the necessary springs (trigger/hammer/disconnector). They appear to be standard GI springs based on weight of pull.

kartoffel
03-18-12, 22:39
So... the weak spring is for training, to induce random light strikes? :confused:

blasternank
03-18-12, 22:56
So... the weak spring is for training, to induce random light strikes? :confused:

I doubt bringing it down to nearly 5 lbs will induce any light strikes. It's also a hunting rifle and not a shtf rifle.

GTifosi
03-19-12, 01:43
From JP site:
The yellow/yellow combination results in a release weight in the 3.0-3.5 lb range on most receivers. Also included Is the red hammer spring for use with military (5.56 NATO) or foreign manufactured ammo with low sensitivity primers. The red hammer spring MUST be used on any tactical duty (LE) installations and any AR-10 type installation for 100% ignition reliability

Someone gave me a yellow/yellow set to fiddle with last summer on my scoped AR.
Managed to get 3 out of 10 American Eagle .223 to pop and 0 out of 10 Federal 5.56mm. Had some m193 that it didn't even dent the primers on.

Swapped back in the GI springs and busted rounds the rest of the day and every time since.

Returned the yellows to he who gave them.
He put them in his hunting AR.
Two trips, two missed bucks due two missed primer pops and he left them in the woods for someone else to find and enjoy.

But yeah, they ar nice if you want a nice light trigger pull for dry fire practice.

BufordTJustice
03-19-12, 05:38
I have had good luck with using the yellow trigger bow spring. It made a noticeable, though not radical, reduction in pull weight on all triggers where i have used it.

I always use std GI spec hammer springs, or XP hammer springs (to reduce lock time). Dicking around with reduced power hammer springs is asking for trouble.

devinsdad
03-19-12, 09:53
I have the yellows installed in a 9mm SBR and it's a noticable differance over the stock GI springs. That being said, if I was outfitting a fighting rifle...I'd put the stock springs back in.