PDA

View Full Version : question on soft rifle case

blarf
03-19-12, 03:19
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a single rifle case for my AR15 and my 2 handguns. I really like the Voodoo 36" bag but it is a little bit above my budget (especially after you factor shipping fee). any other brand that you would recommend?
what on-line store offer the best price (shipping included)? or what on-line store would you recommend?

thanks,

Blarf

Ouroborous
03-19-12, 05:58
Natchez has eagle soft bags for $40. I have two and they've held up so far

rob_s
03-19-12, 06:40
What price point are you looking at?

I've not found anything satisfactory for carrying the rifle and the handgun, so I prefer to keep them separate.

ggp2jz
03-19-12, 07:08
Is this just to the range and back? I have a Draco that I got from CTD and it works fine for my AK and a handgun

The_War_Wagon
03-19-12, 07:34
I've got a couple of older Condor bags with multiple pouches, and and and inner pouch suitable for pistols, if you're just wanting to run back & forth to a range with them. Mine have worked adequately, and IIRC, I got 'em back when they were still around $40-$45 new! :eek:

Haven't priced one since '08, but deals are surely to be had...

Hot Holster
03-19-12, 08:57
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939141733/midwayusa-pro-series-tactical-rifle-gun-case

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-36in-rifle-case.html

I have one of the above and one from LA police gear, like them both.

blarf
03-19-12, 12:23
thanks guys, I'll look into those. And yes, the bag will be just for the range, nothing else

cjnuckols50
03-19-12, 12:54
Yeah if its just to the range and back a cheapo condor will work just fine. I've been using mine for about 2.5 years. No problems.

eo500
03-19-12, 13:19
I've had the Midway bag and it's worked great for me. I usually carry my 16" BCM with two Glock 19s in the outside pocket. There is an inner pocket within the outside pocket in addition to the 6 mag pockets. It serves my needs perfectly, and it still looks new after about 2 years.

Kokopelli
03-19-12, 13:38
Do a search on the voodoo double rifle case. Somebody recently posted a "cheaper" vendor for the voodoo cases.. Ron

Blowby
03-19-12, 16:22
I have about 4 years on the Voodoo double and it's holding up well. The internal zipper failed early in it's life (6 months) where I hold spare parts and some cleaning equipment. I kept putting it off since I assumed they had a good warranty on the bag but they only have a one year. Oh well I'll look for another brand on my next bag.