PDA

View Full Version : Case extraction timing problem??

andy_ita
03-19-12, 10:05
Hi guys*
Greetings from italy
I need some help to understand if my Oly shoot well or not.*

Yesterday when a friend used it, i noticed some cases land at 1-2 o clock, expecially during fast shooting strings, and some other cases land at 4 o clock.*
Im guessing why... It is bad or normal?

The rifle *is an oly with geiselle s3g trigger, h2 buffer and wolf spring, 11.5 barrel with surefire muzzle brake, adam arms piston kit with adam arms carrier

Thanks
Andy

halmbarte
03-19-12, 10:49
If the cases are extracting you don't have a real problem.

H

andy_ita
03-19-12, 10:58
Yes the cases are extracted and i have zero malfunctions

Iraqgunz
03-19-12, 11:02
Don't worry about the clock crap. Just shoot it. Be concerned when you start to have a problem.

halmbarte
03-19-12, 11:06
Yes the cases are extracted and i have zero malfunctions

Sounds like it's working fine. I wouldn't change a thing.

H

andy_ita
03-19-12, 12:12
Thanks guys.
But i wish to understand why some cases go at 1 o clock and others go at 4 o clock in tge same shooting string...

amd5007
03-19-12, 12:39
I'm not an expert, but I would imagine that variances within the ammunition, your shooting stance, the rate of firing, etc. would have an impact on where the brass lands. If you rifle was locked in a vise and fired I am sure the brass would all land in the same place, the only variable being the ammunition.

Like the other guys have said, as long as it extracts your rifle is functioning.

I have a Daniel Defense midlength upper that shoots brass out at 1-2 o'clock. Some would say it is over gassed, but it continues to do it regardless of whatever I do to try and "correct" it.

halmbarte
03-19-12, 13:02
Thanks guys.
But i wish to understand why some cases go at 1 o clock and others go at 4 o clock in tge same shooting string...

If the ejection pattern alternates with every other round I'd suspect which side the stripping lug on the bolt is contacting to be a effect. If it alternates though the mag, starts at 1 o'clock ad moves to 4 o'clock I'd suspect that the mag spring tension is playing a effect.

Either way, I'm usually just happy when a weapon ejects cleanly w/o the brass hanging up or hitting me in the face/tossing hot brass down my collar. There are probably more important things to worry about in life.

H