PDA

View Full Version : Training in Utah

ioc102
03-19-12, 21:11
Guys,
Anyone know any good schools around Salt Lake City area?

mcmillanman5
03-19-12, 23:12
EAG has a pistol/carbine course on June 25-29:

http://eagtactical.com/courseschedule.asp

B Cart
03-19-12, 23:27
Are you looking for any specific kind of training? Pistol? Carbine? Beginner or Advanced? I've taken a couple good pistol and carbine classes from some local training groups recently, and there are some good instructors coming this summer.

There is also a Utah M4carbine group that gets together every couple of months for a free carbine and pistol workshop. PM me if you are interested and I'll find out when the next one is.

chadbag
03-20-12, 14:16
You get visiting instructors for nationally known instructors, but nothing based in close. EAG comes in. I sponsored Pat McNamara last year and hope to have him and other come out again. Suarez Int'l send instructors a few times a year.

Plus there are local trainers.

http://www.realworldpds.com/Class-Information.html

for example (they sponsor Suarez and do their own). I know the guy who runs it.

--

ioc102
03-20-12, 18:31
Thanks guys! I will check on EAG and also Strategic Tactical Group is based out of Ogden, don't know if their courses are any good. I'm looking for Carbine and Pistol courses specifically.

Semper Fi!

B Cart
03-20-12, 20:31
Thanks guys! I will check on EAG and also Strategic Tactical Group is based out of Ogden, don't know if their courses are any good. I'm looking for Carbine and Pistol courses specifically.

Semper Fi!

I have taken an advanced carbine class from Strategic Tactical group, as well as a 3 day Carbine/Shotgun/Pistol course. Both courses were very well done, including live fire shoot house training, low-light, training, force on force with simunitions, etc. Chris, the main instructor is a great guy and does a good job.

I've also taken an advanced pistol class with Mark at real world PDS and that was excellent too.

ioc102
03-20-12, 21:05
Yes, I've worked with Chris in another capacity but he's a great American! I need to get in touch with him and get the class schedule. STG's website is not exactly up-to-date! Thanks!

Semper Fi!