PDA

View Full Version : FNS/FNX Commonality?

HaydenB
03-19-12, 22:15
Does anybody know if you can use FNX items with the FNS? i.e. barrels, mags, holsters, sights? The mags look the same as does the slide. Just looking for some insight into a possible future purchase.

I've read everything on this site about the pistol and tried a google search to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

ErnieB
03-19-12, 22:33
The magwell on the FNS is the same size as an FNX .40 cal therefore the FNX .40 mags WILL work in the FNS. The 9mm FNX mags will NOT work in the FNS. The 9mm mags for the FNS are essentially .40 mags with ribs to narrow the inner diameter.

Cosmo M3
03-20-12, 06:19
The FNX mags are slightly slimmer than the FNS mags, therefore it will feel loose in the FNS.

I just had to return a FNX mag because it wouldnt fit in the mag pouch like the FNS

HaydenB
03-20-12, 14:03
Thanks for the info on magazines guys. Anybody have any info on the commonality of holsters, or sights?

Cosmo M3
03-20-12, 15:53
Thanks for the info on magazines guys. Anybody have any info on the commonality of holsters, or sights?

Warren will be releasing Sevigny 2 Dots soon, but the factory 3 dots are great.

I'm currently using a Comp-Tac OWB holster for the XD-M

HaydenB
03-20-12, 16:56
Warren will be releasing Sevigny 2 Dots soon, but the factory 3 dots are great.
That's great to hear. I have the same sights on my glock and love them.

I'm currently using a Comp-Tac OWB holster for the XD-M
Interesting.... How well does that work?

Cosmo M3
03-20-12, 17:50
That's great to hear. I have the same sights on my glock and love them.

Interesting.... How well does that work?

It wiggles a bit front and back, but the retention is great.

AmeriGlo
03-20-12, 19:43
The FNX and FNS dovetails are the same and the sights are the same, by caliber. The FNS 9mm and the FNX 9mm have the same heights (same sights)

HaydenB
03-21-12, 01:10
That's VERY good to hear. Thank you for the input.

HaydenB
03-21-12, 01:27
I sent an email to Darrion Holiwell of Praetor Defense saying he should consider making holsters for the FNS, he replied saying he already has a prototype in the works. So that's somethin' to look forward to.