PDA

View Full Version : Amish youth arrested for drinking and drag racing

Caeser25
03-20-12, 19:44
Horse and buggy :lol::lol::lol:

I found this part particularly amusing.

Several other buggies reportedly fled the scene.

http://www.examiner.com/strange-news-in-denver/four-amish-youth-arrested-for-drinking-and-drag-racing-buggies

Abraxas
03-20-12, 20:34
That is funny

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-20-12, 20:45
rumspringa ah a wonderfull time for youth

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-12, 21:18
Bitch'n! :cool:

MAUSER202
03-20-12, 22:04
The Reins are for stop and go the string tied to the nuts is the passing gear:p

GeorgiaBoy
03-20-12, 23:58
" Last year, a 17-year-old led a patrol car on a low-speed chase after the cop saw him drinking beer and driving his buggy. "

This stuff is just too funny.

LHS
03-21-12, 00:20
Anyone who is surprised at Amish people drinking while driving their buggies has never lived near Amish country. I've seen Mr. Ed driving them home, while they're slumped in the driver's seat with a 40oz wrapped in a paper bag in their slack hand, more than once.

And they make some damn fine wine. Breitenbach's "Roadhouse Red" is awesome.

rojocorsa
03-21-12, 00:37
Because baseball can only be so entertaining.

At least when I visited the Amish country in Lancaster, PA, I was told baseball was the de-facto pastime.

ralph
03-21-12, 10:09
Anyone who is surprised at Amish people drinking while driving their buggies has never lived near Amish country. I've seen Mr. Ed driving them home, while they're slumped in the driver's seat with a 40oz wrapped in a paper bag in their slack hand, more than once.

And they make some damn fine wine. Breitenbach's "Roadhouse Red" is awesome.

Ahh, I'm guessing you live in/around the Sugarcreek area? So do I. :D Years ago I used to work in the brickyards in Sugarcreek.. There were a couple of bars up on the hill back then,(Where Rt39 &93 intersect) that had hitching posts in the back..They weren't for decoration,either...

VooDoo6Actual
03-21-12, 10:20
Is the Horse an accessory to the actus reus ?

03-21-12, 11:43
the string tied to the nuts is the passing gear:p

That's funny!

LHS
03-21-12, 11:49
Ahh, I'm guessing you live in/around the Sugarcreek area? So do I. :D Years ago I used to work in the brickyards in Sugarcreek.. There were a couple of bars up on the hill back then,(Where Rt39 &93 intersect) that had hitching posts in the back..They weren't for decoration,either...

Not in Sugarcreek, but a few hours' drive away, within their distribution zone. But I've been to the winery and used to drive through that area periodically enough to be familiar with dodging drunken Yoders in their buggies.

Packman73
03-21-12, 12:28
I used to live in western NY near the Amish. One drunk Amish kid thought his horse and buggy could beat an old Chevy van with a 350at this party spot...Was comical until the dick with the van ran the buggy off the road; horse and driver tumbling in the ditch. They were alright but the buggy was effed.

jmp45
03-21-12, 16:35
Car pooling in the 70s on a dark rainy morning we hit a buggy tossing the horse and buggy into the field. A milk truck coming at us blinded the driver. Odd looking out the side window and seeing that buggy and horse rolling and tumbling. Horse and kid were fine. He was coming home from his girlfriends house after a weekend stay. He had a 12 pack of beer in the buggy.