Vltor Mur
Bcm bolt carrier group
Bcm mod 3 large gunfighter
Bcm 14.5 lightweight barrel

Still up in the air?

Larue 9.0 free float?
Sights ?
Battle Comp 1.5 Black Oxide ?
Geissele Super Semi-Automatic ENHANCED ?

I do have a larue low profile gas block
I cant make my mind up on the front sight if i want FSB or folding

Any info please share thanks

glock23ws
03-21-12, 00:19
From what i read The set up sounds good so far! Nice sights hey can never go wrong with iron flip up sights! . troy Has nice battle sights or magpul. But I hear the front sights melt due to heat dont quote me its what i have read i dont no. I own magpul gear enjoy them to great products.

Javelin
03-21-12, 01:36
You've been doing your homework!

:D

DMcNulty!
03-21-12, 02:08
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/deteks/untitledpng1.png
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/deteks/untitledpng3.png
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/deteks/untitled-2.png
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/deteks/untitledpng1png2.png

primeform
03-21-12, 02:39
nice work. where did you buy the lower receiver block are you using to vice to?

DMcNulty!
03-21-12, 02:52
Rifle gear Lower Receiver Builders Kit
I did notice that the block really don't work on the Gen 2 it just seats on there but I believe its due to the fact of the mag walls

Harbor Freight Articulated Vacuum Vise
The vise worked for the lower fine but I took it back because it would only vacuum to glass so I bought a real vice .. Hey its all about learning right my first build is coming along tho its been a month and its almost done just sucks when im looking for something it goes out of stock

wetidlerjr
03-21-12, 04:21
Whats up? My first build spec's
Noveske gen 2 lower
RRA lower parts kit
Vltor emod complete stock and buffer tube
Vltor Mur
Bcm bolt carrier group
Bcm mod 3 large gunfighter
Bcm 14.5 lightweight barrel
Still up in the air?
Larue 9.0 free float?
Sights ?
Battle Comp 1.5 Black Oxide ?
Geissele Super Semi-Automatic ENHANCED ?
I do have a larue low profile gas block
I cant make my mind up on the front sight if i want FSB or folding
Any info please share thanks

Primary use?

glock23ws
03-21-12, 08:26
Nice man! looks sick coming along great man! I really like that Receiver lol!

DMcNulty!
03-21-12, 12:24
Primary use?

zombie killer,SHTF (maniacal laugh) pretty much personal protection. living in southern california very urban with over 22 million people in so cali if things do hit the fan i believe in a more urban fighting rifle I have a remington 887 nitro mag that i would do my small game with like duck, quail, rabbits my next gun in a few months will be a hand gun then i will build a ar10 later on down the road

Wake27
03-21-12, 12:42
Knew that looked like SOCAL. I've heard from several people that the SSA-E has kind of a retarded light trigger pull I believe. I Know I heard it about the S3G but I think the same for that one.

DMcNulty!
03-21-12, 12:54
Knew that looked like SOCAL. I've heard from several people that the SSA-E has kind of a retarded light trigger pull I believe. I Know I heard it about the S3G but I think the same for that one.

I think the ssa is 4.5 and the ssa-e is 3.5 in the second stage

fallenromeo
03-21-12, 15:47
personally I would just get the SSA for a personal protection rifle and save the 30 bucks. Get a SSA-E when you build a precision rifle. But that is just me. I am sure the more intelligent guys on this forum will chime in with better advice.

Cold
03-21-12, 21:35
personally I would just get the SSA for a personal protection rifle and save the 30 bucks. Get a SSA-E when you build a precision rifle. But that is just me. I am sure the more intelligent guys on this forum will chime in with better advice.

I would get whichever trigger you want from Geissele and not think twice.

I have had a relationship with Bill Geissele since 2010. He told me something a few years back which applies to this thread, "I can go to sleep at night knowing my triggers are not going to fail someone."

My team puts more rounds down range in a season than most, and during the last 3 years we have used every Geissele Trigger available for the AR15. Whether it is the DMR (our personal choice) or the SDE, SSA-E, S3G, etc., Geissele triggers will work, so long as the end user does not monkey the trigger up and follows the instructions for proper installation. The rifle I am intimately familiar with is my competition AR (which has to run 100% of the time or I am wasting my time competing), that AR runs Geissele's DMR (fully adjustable). If I needed to defend myself, I would grab that rifle and not think twice. This misconception that one of Bill's triggers is more reliable than another is just that, a misconception.

infidelprodigy
03-21-12, 21:38
Looking good. I would vote for the SSA on a primary carbine that won't have magnified optics and be doing extended range shooting.

I really wanted one of those flared lowers, but discovered my 60-round Surefire mag wouldn't fit in it.

DMcNulty!
03-21-12, 23:13
Looking good. I would vote for the SSA on a primary carbine that won't have magnified optics and be doing extended range shooting.

I really wanted one of those flared lowers, but discovered my 60-round Surefire mag wouldn't fit in it.

Very true about the surefire but I live in california
So I really dont care about it!
If I need a 30 round clip I just go see my dad!!
He has pre ban clips I know if in need where to go !

fallenromeo
03-22-12, 10:09
I would get whichever trigger you want from Geissele and not think twice.

I have had a relationship with Bill Geissele since 2010. He told me something a few years back which applies to this thread, "I can go to sleep at night knowing my triggers are not going to fail someone."

My team puts more rounds down range in a season than most, and during the last 3 years we have used every Geissele Trigger available for the AR15. Whether it is the DMR (our personal choice) or the SDE, SSA-E, S3G, etc., Geissele triggers will work, so long as the end user does not monkey the trigger up and follows the instructions for proper installation. The rifle I am intimately familiar with is my competition AR (which has to run 100% of the time or I am wasting my time competing), that AR runs Geissele's DMR (fully adjustable). If I needed to defend myself, I would grab that rifle and not think twice. This misconception that one of Bill's triggers is more reliable than another is just that, a misconception.

Very true. Geissele makes a damn fine product. I was not saying that one is more reliable than the other. I was just saying I would save the 30 bucks since for a non-precision rig the SSA would do just as well as an SSA-E for what it sounds like his purpose is.

Wake27
03-22-12, 11:43

I didn't know that.

djmorris
03-22-12, 14:32
I woulda scrapped the RRA LPK and thrown down an extra $10-$15 for a DD or =

polymorpheous
03-22-12, 15:07
Harbor Freight Articulated Vacuum Vise
The vise worked for the lower fine but I took it back because it would only vacuum to glass so I bought a real vice .. Hey its all about learning right my first build is coming along tho its been a month and its almost done just sucks when im looking for something it goes out of stock

Good call...
I don't think that vise will cut it for barrel installation.

Also, if you are thinking on installing a FSB to that barrel, I highly recommend that you send it out to a professional to have it done.

MWL
03-22-12, 15:33
Just out of curiosity, I have a couple of questions about your build.

Living in California, how is your "build" (assembly) affected by the state's laws regarding evil black rifles, especially the need for bullet buttons if you have various other evil features?

Even though it is not complete, or indeed presently functional, does partially assembling your rifle and posting pictures, not constitute intent, or indeed actual evidence, of assembling an unregistered SBR?

Regards.

Mark

primeform
03-22-12, 16:14
Good call...

Also, if you are thinking on installing a FSB to that barrel, I highly recommend that you send it out to a professional to have it done.

What vice would you recommend?

DMcNulty!
03-22-12, 23:49

Living in California, how is your "build" (assembly) affected by the state's laws regarding evil black rifles, especially the need for bullet buttons if you have various other evil features?

Even though it is not complete, or indeed presently functional, does partially assembling your rifle and posting pictures, not constitute intent, or indeed actual evidence, of assembling an unregistered SBR?

Regards.

Mark

Its in parts right now! I just thrown it together for the photo to get a idea how long it is! This is my frist build

I used the flow chart on Cal Guns im pretty sure that everything is legal i know that it was dumb to put it together for the photo but come on there going to violate my 2nd amendment right it dont even have a bolt carrier yet i know that the internet is a EVIL PLACE

DMcNulty!
03-22-12, 23:51
Good call...

Im going to take it to riflegear if i do go with a FSB

DMcNulty!
03-22-12, 23:55

Regards.

Mark
I do have a bullet button on my rail its a raddlock! If you have any info for me please let me know because this is my frist build and i am still new to this thanks

polymorpheous
03-23-12, 01:02
What vice would you recommend?

A solid bench mounted vice.
Barrels can be torqued upwards to 80 foot pounds.
I've never had to torque any that much to get the barrel nut to line up, but you still want a sturdy vise.

MWL
03-23-12, 10:13
I don't have any advice regarding the legality of your build, I'm in Canada, and we have different laws up here.

I was actually just asking some questions that came to mind when I saw your photo's and where you were.

I'm pretty certain there are plenty of guys on this forum who can answer those questions though.

Regards.

Mark

BlueOvalFan
03-24-12, 13:03
Being a California resident I can speak to this...

- You need an off list lower if not registered as an assult rifle before the ban.

If you want to have the evil features you need the bullet button. In addition your magazine can not exceed 10 rounds.

If you want a detachable magazine you can't have any evil features and your magazine can not exceed 10 rounds.

The relevant section of California Penal Code

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/genchar2.php
12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

1. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
1. A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
2. A thumbhole stock.
3. A folding or telescoping stock.
4. A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
5. A flash suppressor.
6. A forward pistol grip.

Once you install the bullet button on the lower it no longer has the ability to accept a magazine and therefore the subsection no longer apply--IMHO.

(DISCLAIMER--I'M NOT A LAWYER, THIS NOT LEGAL ADVISE)

DMcNulty!
03-25-12, 15:56
Thanks for the info!

killjoythedestroyer
03-26-12, 20:49
Your build looks good so far! You sure picked a great lower and upper receiver. I have a Noveske N4 w/VIS rail. Have you given any thought to using the VLTOR rail? It locks up very nicely to the MUR upper.

DMcNulty!
03-26-12, 23:58
Your build looks good so far! You sure picked a great lower and upper receiver. I have a Noveske N4 w/VIS rail. Have you given any thought to using the VLTOR rail? It locks up very nicely to the MUR upper.

i am going with a larue rail 9 inch with the front sight post

DMcNulty!
03-27-12, 21:14
I NEED A .625 FSB F MARK ANYONE HAVE ONE IN STOCK ONLY THING HOLDING ME BACK BCM SAID LIKE 2 MONTHS !

3 AE
03-28-12, 03:13
Here's a link for what you seek. http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/ar-15-m16-1/upper-receivers-parts/barrels/dd-625-sight-base.html

DMcNulty!
03-28-12, 11:19
Here's a link for what you seek. http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/ar-15-m16-1/upper-receivers-parts/barrels/dd-625-sight-base.html

Are you sure this is f marked for a flat top rail it does not say anything on there website

DMcNulty!
03-28-12, 11:34

Okay i called weaponoutfitters and its on its way thank you so much for your help!

DMcNulty!
06-19-12, 21:47
up date build been dont for a few months just been out shooting it photos will be up in a few weeks