PDA

View Full Version : Glock Ghost Tactical vs Dot Connector NY1 Spring

bp7178
03-21-12, 16:14
In my search for Glock triggers, I came across the Ghost Tactical trigger. I like that it has an over travel stop. Between the Tactical and the Rocket, its my understanding the Tactical is slightly heavier, 5.0lbs to the 3.5lbs on the Rocket, but the trigger pull is shorter as is reset.

I also came across several users who like the feel of the dot connector with the NY1 trigger spring. This would be going in a Gen 4 19.

I'm wondering if any users have used both combinations, and can eloborate on which they like better.

I'm looking for a very smooth takeup with a crisp release and short reset.

Guinnessman
03-21-12, 18:15
I have the Ghost Tactical on a Glock 19, and the "Dot" Connector on my Gen 4 G17. For me it is really a toss up, because the trigger pull weights are very close in weight. The overtravel stop is nice, but I am not convinced that it has helped my shooting. The more I shoot my Glocks, the more I lean to keeping them all Glock OEM. Connectors are cheap so try both.

bp7178
03-21-12, 18:29
Its my understanding that new production Glock Gen 4s will come from the factory with the dot connector.

Did your have that connector in it or did you have to buy it seperatley? Do you run the dot connector with the NY1 spring with or w/o the coil?

What makes you say that about the OEM triggers?

lifebreath
03-21-12, 18:52
Ghost with overtravel stop rocks for me. They've got either straight drop ins or the models with overtravel stop. The overtravel stop needs to be filed to the correct length for an individual gun. Ghost is the only non-oem connector I'll use.

bp7178
03-21-12, 19:27
My other thought was to use the Rocket (3.5lb connector w/ over travel stop) with the normal weight striker spring and the NY1 trigger spring w/o the coil.

SW-Shooter
03-21-12, 19:28
Don't you mean the - connector, coupled with the NY1 olive spring?

bp7178
03-21-12, 19:34
If I'm researching this right, the - connector is now the dot for Gen 4s.

The big difference between the - and the rocket, is that the rocket has the over travel stop.

SW-Shooter
03-21-12, 20:27
If I'm researching this right, the - connector is now the dot for Gen 4s.

The big difference between the - and the rocket, is that the rocket has the over travel stop.

I'm dumb to all things Gen 4.

Denali
03-21-12, 22:46
I have the Ghost Tactical on a Glock 19, and the "Dot" Connector on my Gen 4 G17. For me it is really a toss up, because the trigger pull weights are very close in weight. The overtravel stop is nice, but I am not convinced that it has helped my shooting. The more I shoot my Glocks, the more I lean to keeping them all Glock OEM. Connectors are cheap so try both.

This is a good post, I've found that most professionals that muck with Glock's iconic trigger, end up traveling full circle, and come home to OEM...