PDA

View Full Version : Help to make a choice!

Marc
12-31-07, 02:19
What would be your choice between Daniel Defense M4 or lite Rails in 9 and 12" and why?

Thank's.
Marc.

Jay Cunningham
02-04-08, 01:55
Well, this question requires a bit more context. Can you fill in the info on the type of rifle?

Marc
02-04-08, 02:40
Well in fact, the 12" is to place on a 18" SPR and the 9" on a 11,5" SBR.

Jay Cunningham
02-04-08, 03:40
Well, don't take this as any kind of gospel, but the lite rails seem to have a stronger lockup at the receiver. If you plan on torquing your HG's (i.e. you're running a VFG) you may want to use the lite rails.

:)

Marc
02-04-08, 08:07
VFG on the 9". Bipod on the 12".

So I am going to use the Lite rails.

Thanks Thekatar.

CONKLE73
02-05-08, 08:43
If you are going to use a low profile gas block under the rail (and with the DD lite rail it needs to be a very low profile gas block) the lite rail is a pain in the ass to work with unless you have it slightly modified. ADCO firearms does the modification at a fair price.

The problem is that without the modification, you will need to install the gas block and gas tube after you install the rail. Since the gas block will be completely surrounded by the rail, this is damn near impossible to do. What ADCO does is mill out a bit of the rear of the hand guard to allow you to install it after you have already installed the gas block.

The DD lite rail is the the rail system that I run on all of my builds.
It is a solid rail… very strong and lite, but if you don’t have the modification done you will hate it!

Marc
02-09-08, 10:12
First, thanks to you two guys.

I received both 9" and 12" Lite rails and I am very satisfied. Great rails!

I place the 9" on my 11,5" Colt barrel with the modified stock gas block without problems following Gotm4 assembly indications from an other post here after:

"It'll work it's just trickier to assemble.

You'll have to have the gas block and barrel drilled for the taper pin before assembling.

Then when assembling you'll have to install the Lite Rail flange, install the bbl, torque the barrel nut.

Then install the gas tube in the gas block (install the gas tube roll pin). Then slide the rail partially onto the barrel.
Then slide the gas block onto the barrel (gas tube is attached to the gas block), slide the gas tube through the hole in the receiver.

Maneuver the rail so that you can access the taper pin hole in the gas block, align it with the barrel taper pin hole, then knock in the taper pin coming through the side of the rail (through the venting holes on the rail).

Then slide the rail all the way back against the upper receiver, install the rail alignment tool, then install the 6 Lite Rail screws and tighten them down."

Marc.
Belgium.