PDA

View Full Version : Do ineed actual form 1 if i got a verbal approval

tsconver
03-22-12, 09:52
Ok so atf said my sbr form 1 was approved and would be mailed. I am getting it engraved today. can i shoot it knowing it is approved or do i have to have form in hand.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

PrivateCitizen
03-22-12, 09:56
Would you drive a car without a license or Proof of insurance?

Would, "I left them at home" be a good answer for an officer?

Have patience.

fixit69
03-22-12, 09:59
NO matter who said what, never, ever trust the government( or anyone else for that matter ) till you have it in writing.

Even then you should still wonder...

Paranoid or preparedness, call it what you will.

QuietShootr
03-22-12, 10:02
Ok so atf said my sbr form 1 was approved and would be mailed. I am getting it engraved today. can i shoot it knowing it is approved or do i have to have form in hand.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Did you bump your head?

tsconver
03-22-12, 10:22
Did you bump your head?

lol, no just wnat to shoot some shit with it. I just read that you have to be able to produce it for an ATF agent. THe likely hood of seeing an atf agent at my range is slim to none. From the regs it does not apear you have to produce it for a regular law enforcement and the engraving on it should suffice to show that it is registered.

I know in another thread there was mixed opinion on carrying copies of the form with you and most only thought it should be required if your particular range wanted proof for their liability.

Was just asking the question. I know a form 4 would be a moot point since the FFL would not release it without the approved form in hand but I have all the parts for the sbr in my hands since I am moving a short barrel upper from my pistol lower to the SBR lower.

Iraqgunz
03-22-12, 10:32
This is borderline mega-retarded. I think everyone elses comments covered it.