PDA

View Full Version : ISO: M&P Sear Housing Block for manual or thumb safety

bdcheung
03-22-12, 11:46
Does anyone know where I can purchase a sear housing block for my M&P 9c that accommodates a thumb safety/manual safety and has the larger diameter plunger?

brushy bill
03-22-12, 13:13
Does anyone know where I can purchase a sear housing block for my M&P 9c that accommodates a thumb safety/manual safety and has the larger diameter plunger?

From what I can tell, Midway, Numrich and Brownell don't carry this version. May try direct with Smith and Wesson or MP forums.

pr1042
03-22-12, 16:16
Speed Shooter Specialties sells the larger plunger block but only distinguishes between mag and no mag safety. Not sure if the thumb safety plays a role.......

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_90_115&products_id=1037

or

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_90_115&products_id=939

bdcheung
03-22-12, 16:55
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll have to call S&W. SSS only sells the non-safety sear housing blocks (I bought one thinking it would work; it doesn't)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastfrog
03-22-12, 18:34
You could have Apex modify your current one for the large sear plunger and spring.

bdcheung
04-02-12, 10:33
Boy I gotta tell you, getting hold of a new sear housing block has been a PITA.

I called S&W and told them what I needed. They told me they don't sell direct to consumers and to order from Brownell's. I asked them for a part number, which they gave me (39986).

I called Brownells and they have nothing. Can't find the part number, no idea what I'm talking about. First they tell me they can special order it from S&W, then they tell me that they can't, because they "don't have the information to special order it". Lady on the phone says Brownell's does have a sear housing block, but it's not the thumb safety model. It's Brownells/manufacturer part number 940-008-958 / 277640000. She tells me to call S&W.

So now I'm on hold with S&W for the second time today. Will edit this post with new info once I get off the phone with them.

Ok, got off the phone with S&W again and they said that since the sear housing block is factory-install only, they don't sell direct to consumers, and if I want the new one, I need to send the gun in.

Whiskey_Bravo
04-02-12, 14:53
I am in the process of looking for one as well.

I have the thumb safety version, no internal lock or mag safety. Does anybody know if the below housing will work? Although they are now showing a back order until 5/30(was 4/26) the other day.

Product #: 546264
Smith & Wesson #: 390900000
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/546264/smith-and-wesson-sear-housing-block-without-integral-lock-and-magazine-safety-s-and-w-m-and-p-m-and-p-compact-9mm-luger-357-sig-40-s-and-w

High Altitude
04-02-12, 14:59
Maybe it has changed, but current S&W policy is to not make the thumb safety housings available to the public through purchase at dealers.

You have to send the pistol to S&W and it must be a factory installed thumb safety model pistol. ie. you can't purchase a new sear housing or send the gun to S&W to have it converted to a thumb safety model.

bdcheung
04-02-12, 15:02
Maybe it has changed, but current S&W policy is to not make the thumb safety housings available to the public through purchase at dealers.

You have to send the pistol to S&W and it must be a factory installed thumb safety model pistol. ie. you can't purchase a new sear housing or send the gun to S&W to have it converted to a thumb safety model.

That kinda makes sense, from a liability standpoint.

Whiskey_Bravo
04-02-12, 15:10
Guess I will be sending my housing in to Apex to have them drill it out.