PDA

View Full Version : New blade design

cosmok
03-22-12, 23:46
This is the new Libre fighter design that I have been working on. It was brought to my attention that the first design was very similar to a design that was already out there so I decided that a re-design was in order. This design meets all the criteria that the original wharncliff style did and in my opinion exceeds the original, plus I think it looks better. Specs on this are;
3/16 S35VN stainless
3 15/16 blade or just short of 4 inches
8 1/2 overall length
this one has OD green G10 handles

Thanks for looking and feedback is always welcome.
Eric Kramer

Grease Monkey
03-23-12, 08:58
What's the purpose of the dip in the spine? It doesn't appear to be a trisula grind. Also, how does it handle in a reverse grip edge inwards? It's a good looking knife for sure. Would like to see how it handle.

mrosamilia
03-23-12, 09:08
I'm in for one!! Very nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cosmok
03-23-12, 10:47
What's the purpose of the dip in the spine? It doesn't appear to be a trisula grind. Also, how does it handle in a reverse grip edge inwards? It's a good looking knife for sure. Would like to see how it handle.

The dip in the spine serves 2 functions. The first is for reinforced slashes and the second is to aid in clearing moves, more info can be found here, http://youtu.be/RgzjyNafWQY. This video is discussing the original design but all the talking points remain valid. The handle design, like he talks about in the video, is designed to be comfortable in all grips. Thanks for the comment.

Eric