PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Marine Gets the Boot for Facebook Posting

Sensei
03-23-12, 07:24
http://www.redding.com/news/2012/mar/22/marine-founder-armed-forces-tea-party-obama-critic/

It looks like he affirmed his intention not to follow unconstitutional / unlawful orders like seizing firearms or killing citizens. I bet that this will be overturned unless it can be shown that he was somehow accusing the President of issuing unlawful orders (i.e. "And when Obama orders me to kill citizens, I won't obey...").

Another interesting angle is the Corps position that the Tea Party is a political organization. I'm not sure if I agree with this assumption.

Doc Safari
03-23-12, 09:38
The Tea Party is a political organization, but getting in trouble for affirming your intent to uphold the Constitution is disturbing.

Sensei
03-23-12, 12:44
The Tea Party is a political organization, but getting in trouble for affirming your intent to uphold the Constitution is disturbing.

I'm not so sure, but I'm sure that I could be persuaded. I view the Tea Party as more of a policy interest group like the NRA, AARP, etc.; it is focused on government spending and taxation.

Does anyone know if some element of the Tea Party has registered itself for the purpose of elections?

usmcvet
03-25-12, 11:33
Not much meat in the article. It will be interesting to see how this sugars off.

Moose-Knuckle
03-26-12, 03:09
He must be one of those domestic terrorists I keep reading about in DOJ pamphlets. :jester: