PDA

View Full Version : New Owner - What comes in the box?

Hitokiri
03-24-12, 23:11
Hi guys,

I've wanted an AR for the longest time and after all the research (big thanks to M4C as a big resource), I've decided on DDM4 v7. I'm picking it up next week, and have seen the case it comes with, but didn't see anything else other than the 10 round mag (yay CA).

My question is, other than one magazine and a hard case is there anything else that comes with the rifle?

TIA

Vash1023
03-25-12, 13:00
manual.

Hitokiri
03-25-12, 23:43
Wow that's disappointing, I was hoping for at least more than 1 magazine.

Thanks for the reply though!

AKDoug
03-26-12, 00:03
Yep. That's it. However, it's a fantastic M4 and worth every penny.

Hitokiri
03-27-12, 23:42
Just picked it up and I'm stoked! Reading the manual, I'm kinda bummed out that the picture and the manual references the Omega X 12.0FSP instead of MFR 12.0 that the DDM4 V7 comes with.

Is that normal? Trying to figure out how to remove the 3 rail pieces, I'm guessing I need an allen wrench?

thanks again

AKDoug
03-27-12, 23:57
Yes, you will need an allen wrench of the appropriate size. They simply unscrew from a backer plate inside the tube. The little backer plate will fall inside the tube if you can't reach it. Simply shake it out of the tube. I removed all my rail sections as I did not need them. If you want to re-install a section, have fun :D I used a super long pair of locking forceps to hold the backing plate.

jdc.
03-28-12, 02:07
I was wondering about your case, i know the one that came with my DDM4 V4 the foam isn't thick enough, My rifle rattles around the case.

This seemed odd to me. When i do choose to put my rifle in the case I have to wrap it in a thick sweatshirt just to get it to remain in one spot.

Does you have this issue?

(i know its minor, but it bugged me) sorry to take your post off topic...

AKDoug
03-28-12, 10:47
Mine does the same. It doesn't really bother me as the price I paid was the same as if I had mod'd a 6920 to the same specs. With the 6920 you just get a cardboard box. Even if the foam was thick enough, it'd still be a cheap case. I own better cases for when I travel, so it's non-issue for me.

Hitokiri
03-28-12, 17:26
Thanks AK that's what I thought. Need to find a long pair of pliers just in case, but I don't plan on running anything that would require those plates either.

I was wondering about your case, i know the one that came with my DDM4 V4 the foam isn't thick enough, My rifle rattles around the case.

This seemed odd to me. When i do choose to put my rifle in the case I have to wrap it in a thick sweatshirt just to get it to remain in one spot.

Does you have this issue?

(i know its minor, but it bugged me) sorry to take your post off topic...

No worries jdc, the foam isn't thick, but it doesn't rattle. I took a picture, but won't be able to upload till later.

Hitokiri
03-29-12, 00:22
Here's what I have. Sorry, it's from my phone and didn't have good lighting.

AKDoug
03-29-12, 17:39
Same foam in mine.

jdc.
03-30-12, 04:30
Yea, I Just found it weird that they would pay so much attention to detail to the rifle itself, that they would ship it in a container it could possibly be damaged in, while moving around as much as mine does in the case while being shipped.

I too have other cases for travel. This thought alone bugged me.

jdc.
03-30-12, 04:49
Yea, I Just found it weird that they would pay so much attention to detail to the rifle itself, that they would ship it in a container it could possibly be damaged in, while moving around as much as mine does in the case while being shipped.

I too have other cases for travel. This thought alone bugged me.

Please don't let this Reflect Bad not the rifle itself, I bought the Rifle first, Daniel Defense did a unbelievable job at crafting and perfecting this tool, and it is far better than I had hoped and wished for. I thank everyone over at Daniel Defense for this, they earned a customer for life in all my future AR needs. (I see the MK18 SBR in my near future, and a chrome BCG)

I bought the rifle, the case was just a bonus. so i didn't expect greatness in the case, but a little improvement wouldn't hurt. Just a little more foam wouldn't be a bad thing.

lwilcox28
04-03-12, 12:03
When you unscrew the rails, do unscrew to the point the leg nuts (I guess that's what you could call them) come off. Loosen and then move the rail and it will come off, then just move it where you want and re tighten. Nice purchase, I love my V7 LW. Now you just need a red dot and a battle comp.

As far as the case, it's just a cheaper throw in made to protect in shipping. Have you watched the torture test videos? Anything in shipping that would hurt your gun would destroy that case, a little movement in shipping will not hurt your gun.

FN in MT
04-12-12, 22:23
Be happy it came in a case..even if the case IS a bit low end.

Few years ago I had an LWRC that arrived with the box so beat up, that I lost a few items from the box the rifle was shipped in. Yes. shipped in a cardboard box.

I got a new DD just yesterday. Arrived safe and complete...in it's cheesy case. NO complaint from me.:D

Great rifle isn't it?

FN in MT