PDA

View Full Version : For those who've recently sent a pistol to S&W for repair

ralph
03-25-12, 18:11
Is it still S&W's policy to remove Apex parts, and not return them? I have a Mid-size .45 that needs looked at and I have alot of Apex parts in it and I don't want to remove them...

GunTotinRedneck
03-25-12, 18:12
I sent them my 686P and they left all the extra stuff I had on it. They even gave me two free moon clips.

NoveskeFan
03-25-12, 18:14
I sent them my 686P and they left all the extra stuff I had on it. They even gave me two free moon clips.

Damn, are you going for the "most posts in two hours" record?

GunTotinRedneck
03-25-12, 18:15

lol maybe...:D

Nah I'm just a chatterbox.

ucrt
03-25-12, 22:05

===============================

GTR,
FWIW, KimberFan's post wasn't a compliment on this site...
30+ posts in less than 6 hours :fie:

But maybe it's just me...

rob_s
03-26-12, 08:51

He had to run his post count up so he could post his VFG in the for sale section. Clearly we need a posts/day limit on new members to help prevent that.

orionz06
03-26-12, 11:10
To my knowledge there is no guarantee that you will get your Apex parts back.

mtdawg169
03-26-12, 15:50
To my knowledge there is no guarantee that you will get your Apex parts back.

This has been my experience. I sent an M&P in last year with Apex parts. I included a detailed letter stating what had been installed and that I expected my gun returned to me with all aftermarket parts installed. I got it back as requested, but was cautioned against it by the S&W rep before they sent it back. Their policy is to return guns with stock S&W parts installed.

GunTotinRedneck
03-26-12, 19:53
He had to run his post count up so he could post his VFG in the for sale section. Clearly we need a posts/day limit on new members to help prevent that.

:lol: